Will A Fiio E6 Be Able To Drive The Beyerdynamic dt770 80ohm
May 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 7
I'll go out on a limb here and say you'll be fine. I own neither of those two units you've inquired about. However, I do own a Fiio E5 and have successfully used it with headphones that are 250 ohms. Take that how you will, but I think you'll be fine with that setup. Just my speculations and opinions is all.

May 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I'll go out on a limb here and say you'll be fine. I own neither of those two units you've inquired about. However, I do own a Fiio E5 and have successfully used it with headphones that are 250 ohms. Take that how you will, but I think you'll be fine with that setup. Just my speculations and opinions is all.

Thanks for responding. I think I will go out and do that.

May 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

No question...

May 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi ,

If you have not done so, I'd advise against doing that.
I own the DT770/ 80 and it's one can that I have a special affinity for. However, it's a pretty big can and in my opinion, the Fiio E6 is far from being able to drive these cans properly. Conversely, the Senn HD25's are rated at 70 ohms and I think the Fiio E6 will drive those rather well, depending on pairing and sonic preferences.
1. If you listen to mostly mainstream music with higher recording volumes, you might find the little Fiio to give you enough volume. Whether that means the Fiio is actually driving the 770/80 well enough is up to your ears and preference.
2. If you listen to audiophile recordings, classical or acoustic music, you might find that the Fiio is unsuitable.
3. I really love the 770s even though i own a few other cans that are normally recognized as higher end, but to really get it to move for me, I'll have to stick into something with more juice.
4. It's the 770's that led me down the very slippery amp road and I ended up more amps then I dare to admit.
5. I have personally only found the RSA SR71A, iBasso P4, GoVibe Porta-Tube to be able to drive these cans properly.

Please do not take what I say to mean the 770's are junk. I don't think they are at all and I'd strongly recommend them. It's just that I finf the 80ohm rating a little bit misleading for a lot of folks. Best.
Dan

May 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 7
The 80ohm DT770 to me is easier to drive than the 32ohm. I see no reason why the E6 shouldn't, though I'd suggest spending the extra for the E11 which would definitely drive them well.

May 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Hi ,
If you have not done so, I'd advise against doing that.
I own the DT770/ 80 and it's one can that I have a special affinity for. However, it's a pretty big can and in my opinion, the Fiio E6 is far from being able to drive these cans properly. Conversely, the Senn HD25's are rated at 70 ohms and I think the Fiio E6 will drive those rather well, depending on pairing and sonic preferences.
1. If you listen to mostly mainstream music with higher recording volumes, you might find the little Fiio to give you enough volume. Whether that means the Fiio is actually driving the 770/80 well enough is up to your ears and preference.
2. If you listen to audiophile recordings, classical or acoustic music, you might find that the Fiio is unsuitable.
3. I really love the 770s even though i own a few other cans that are normally recognized as higher end, but to really get it to move for me, I'll have to stick into something with more juice.
4. It's the 770's that led me down the very slippery amp road and I ended up more amps then I dare to admit.
5. I have personally only found the RSA SR71A, iBasso P4, GoVibe Porta-Tube to be able to drive these cans properly.
Please do not take what I say to mean the 770's are junk. I don't think they are at all and I'd strongly recommend them. It's just that I finf the 80ohm rating a little bit misleading for a lot of folks. Best.
Dan

Haha, that's so weird. After looking a bit farther a figured the sennheiser 25's actually fit me better than the 770's. It's so wierd that you recommend them right after I changed my mind. Well, thanks for the repley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back