Why so much fuss about IEMs?
Jan 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #61 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this your girlfriend or a girl that you are courting?

tryna make her a galfriend LOL I think she know about it..really hard for me though because I find myself spent farrr more time listen to my headphones than listen to her... Umm...DNt think any gal lyk that...but what can I do...

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most girls are happy with their stupid earbuds that come with their ipod/fuze anyway.... Although I did convince one friend to buy some JVC marshmallows and she loves them now. Chock one up for me! YAHTZEE!

PIMP.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #63 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tryna make her a galfriend LOL I think she know about it..really hard for me though because I find myself spent farrr more time listen to my headphones than listen to her... Umm...DNt think any gal lyk that...but what can I do...

WHOA she isn't even your gf! chill bro on the gift getting. you don't get girls by buying them gifts so that they will go out with you. that is just pathetic in my book. no offense.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #64 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people would say the same in regards to headphones themselves in comparison to speakers. I've owned and been exposed to quite a few "proper sounding big phone rigs" and I think IEM's have just as much relevance as regular headphones. IEM's are obviously not for everyone but neither should they be discounted simply because they don't fit your (your is a general term here, not directed at Cool_Torpedo) personal preference.

I agree, my comment was about people raving about IEMs as if they were audio nirvana, but I didn't mean IEMs can't provide fun and interesting musical experiences. Otherwise I wouldn't be using them and I wouldn't be interested in getting some better performance if possible. It's just that for the money you start to get decent performance on IEMs, you can buy terrific over the head phones.

On the other hand while phones may have some trade offs and compromises, speakers also have them and you need to take care of your listening room, which is a PITA in most cases unless you use near field listening, and you're very good at setting up the speakers. But the price/performance ratio is very good favoring phones over speakers if you can live with that sound into your head. Just think of how much you'd need to spend to get speakers offering the balance, clarity, resolution and low coloration level of a pair of USD250-300 Sennheiser HD600.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #65 of 87
Quote:

WHOA she isn't even your gf! chill bro on the gift getting. you don't get girls by buying them gifts so that they will go out with you. that is just pathetic in my book. no offense.

Haha, you are wrong my friend, no one will think I'm tryna use money to get her hey,,,I'm a poor kid working as a trainer in the gym, well known ^ ^ I dnt think she cares about money too, she is much richer...just tryna get something to impressed her, thts it...at least I get to see her everyday in the gym...

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Haha, you are wrong my friend, no one will think I'm tryna use money to get her hey,,,I'm a poor kid working as a trainer in the gym, well known ^ ^ I dnt think she cares about money too, she is much richer...just tryna get something to impressed her, thts it...at least I get to see her everyday in the gym...

If she isn't the girlfriend, buying her anything nice but dinner is a mistake. She'll end up going out with you because she thinks you're a swell guy, not because you bought her some fancy electronic "toy" (which, if she's rich or rich-ish as you say, that's how she'll see it, not as you parting with a lot of your paycheck to show her you care or want to see her happy).

If you wanted to be almost blunt that you like her, you could give her a "gift card" for 1-6 months free at the gym you work at. That way you pretty much say "I want to see you more often" and it probably won't come off creepy. Probably.

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If she isn't the girlfriend, buying her anything nice but dinner is a mistake. She'll end up going out with you because she thinks you're a swell guy, not because you bought her some fancy electronic "toy" (which, if she's rich or rich-ish as you say, that's how she'll see it, not as you parting with a lot of your paycheck to show her you care or want to see her happy).

If you wanted to be almost blunt that you like her, you could give her a "gift card" for 1-6 months free at the gym you work at. That way you pretty much say "I want to see you more often" and it probably won't come off creepy. Probably.

haha, good point, but I already train her for free most of the time...I think she's the only thing that keeps the job entertainimg...LOL...maybe I'll save some money then...since all you pimps say it's wrong to impressed with toys...still some time till her bday party, hope to not come up with something lame...LOL

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

Big X2 on this one.
you don't try to impress a girl with gifts. well i don't try to impress girls at all. screw that noise. its all about the confidence you have in yourself. if you have that it will radiate through u and u can get any girl you want, trust me.
cool.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #69 of 87
Quote:

haha, good point, but I already train her for free most of the time...I think she's the only thing that keeps the job entertainimg...LOL...maybe I'll save some money then...since all you pimps say it's wrong to impressed with toys...still some time till her bday party, hope to not come up with something lame...LOL

wait a minute....

you train her for free AND you want to buy her a gift?! are you serious? no offense bro but that is waaaaaaaaaaay too much for a girl that isn't your gf. hell that's too much for a girlfriend lol.

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #70 of 87
Quote:

wait a minute....

you train her for free AND you want to buy her a gift?! are you serious? no offense bro but that is waaaaaaaaaaay too much for a girl that isn't your gf. hell that's too much for a girlfriend lol.

Dude...I guess I jus don't know the gal thing...I have to impress her and I shudn't do anything...

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

Dude...I guess I jus don't know the gal thing...I have to impress her and I shudn't do anything...

no you don't have to do anything. if you have to impress a girl then she wasn't very interested in you in the first place. sorry bro.

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #72 of 87
Quote:

Well, you can still get her a gift, but make the gift about you, not about her.

What I mean by that is get her something that will make her think about you or that she'll use around you. Custom barbells colored her favorite color with her name on them, or some kind of nice water bottle for the gym, something hopelessly cheesy like that. Women eat that kind of thing up.

Money isn't what (most) women want. They want something from your heart. That or they want to rip it out. Depends on the day.
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

no you don't have to do anything. if you have to impress a girl then she wasn't very interested in you in the first place. sorry bro.

Haha, if she was interested in me in first place, I probably won't be interested in her ^ ^ Guys always look for challenges hey...but we really good friends, she relies on me in getting her a sexier body...hope im not building something for someone other guy though~lol~that will be pretty suck ^ ^

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #75 of 87
Quote:

Well, you can still get her a gift, but make the gift about you, not about her.

What I mean by that is get her something that will make her think about you or that she'll use around you. Custom barbells colored her favorite color with her name on them, or some kind of nice water bottle for the gym, something hopelessly cheesy like that. Women eat that kind of thing up.

Money isn't what (most) women want. They want something from your heart. That or they want to rip it out. Depends on the day.
biggrin.gif

Water bottle... =="...ummm...I might get her a tank top with her name on it...that would be nice~have to find out what size she wear...thanks for your advise PIMP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back