Why no ear pressure with Beats Studio but ear pressure with QC 15's?
Feb 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mulderscully

New Head-Fier
Just wondering,

Both the Beats Studio's and Bose QC 15's are noise canceling but...

I found no ear pressure with the Studios, but find there is a slight pressure with the QC 15's.

Anyone know why this is?

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Because the Beats Studio is meant for mass market. It's probably the first can most people who think they are going serious in their audio journey will pick up. Although putting less pressure will mean a slightly less efficiency in noise cancelling and even a slight drop in the bass, it will likely make the first experience people have with headphone a more agreeable one, as what you'd found out. 

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 7
Design. Even high-end headphones, some clamp more than others, some people are just more sensitive to it or have larger heads which magnifies the clamping. 

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks.   My fault I wasn't clear.  I was talking of ear pressure.  I assume that the Bose are more effective than the Beats at noise canceling therefor the slight ear pressure.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Oh...well then...don't use noise cancelling headphones. A decent pair of closed back headphones are going to be just as effective without the negatives that go along with noise cancelling.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Oh...well then...don't use noise cancelling headphones. A decent pair of closed back headphones are going to be just as effective without the negatives that go along with noise cancelling.

This.
I really don't see the point in noise cancelling. You can often get better sounding closed headphones without noise cancelling that isolate sound just as good, for less money.
It's just all marketing hype to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back