Why leash laws for dogs only?
Jan 5, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dogs are inside dogs. They only go out to eat/drink/****/piss. Bichons are not a barks alot breed. Rarely do they bark when outside. How's your shoe taste?

You have Bichons, and are insinuating you may shoot the neighbor's cats? The cats that you are certain gave you cute lapdog worms?

Are you a comedian, by any chance?

Edit: cute designer lapdog.

Edit the second: Bichons don't bark? Bull. They're just as noisy and annoying as any other small dog.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard of a stray cat taking down a small child.

BINGO! Give this man a cookie.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 114
As a general rule, cat owners don't jump to the "I'm going to go buy some ammo for my Glock" defense. What were you saying about the need for laws?

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have Bichons, and are insinuating you may shoot the neighbor's cats? The cats that you are certain gave you cute lapdog worms?

Are you a comedian, by any chance?

Edit: cute designer lapdog.

Edit the second: Bichons don't bark? Bull. They're just as noisy and annoying as any other small dog.

I didn't say they don't bark. They [size=large]rarely[/size] do. They only bark at squirrels. You don't know Bichons very well.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #20 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a general rule, cat owners don't jump to the "I'm going to go buy some ammo for my Glock" defense. What were you saying about the need for laws?

My dog is dead. Time for the cats to go bye-bye.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 114
Quote:

I didn't say they don't bark. They [size=large]rarely[/size] do. They only bark at squirrels. You don't know Bichons very well.

Which is why there are websites devoted to getting your Bichon to bark less: The BARKING Bichon Frise

My sister's Bichon barks at any moving creature within 200 feet of the house, it is annoying as hell, and it gets plenty of exercise.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #23 of 114
Okay, I forgot they made animal cruelty a felony. I guess I need to borrow a live trap, and assume someone elses responsibility and get the roaming cats de-wormed. I'll then take the owners to small claims court to recoup the vets bill.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #24 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which is why there are websites devoted to getting your Bichon to bark less: The BARKING Bichon Frise

My sister's Bichon barks at any moving creature within 200 feet of the house, it is annoying as hell, and it gets plenty of exercise.

I guess I'm lucky. Mine rarely bark. Most owners I've talked to have the same luck.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #26 of 114
Quote:

Okay, I forgot they made animal cruelty a felony. I guess I need to borrow a live trap, and assume someone elses responsibility and get the roaming cats de-wormed. I'll then take the owners to small claims court to recoup the vets bill.

But I need to film the owners letting their cats go into their house, so they don't claim the cats don't belong to them.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #27 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's illegal to kill an animal that comes onto your property?

What the hell?

B.S., I know!

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #28 of 114
Quote:

I guess I need to borrow a live trap,....

You are starting to get it. Morally, you have an obligation, both to your dog and the cats. I I know nothing about your local laws, but generally, once the cat steps on your property it becomes your cat.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #29 of 114
Quote:

My dog is dead. Time for the cats to go bye-bye.

Funny how quickly you can evaporate the general Head-Fi kindness and sympathy.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #30 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are starting to get it. Morally, you have an obligation, both to your dog and the cats. I I know nothing about your local laws, but generally, once the cat steps on your property it becomes your cat.

Well I was initially reacting on emotion. Thanks to you guys for pointing out I was trying to go about a solution in the wrong manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back