WHY I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CIEM AGAIN
Oct 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #16 of 34
Have you tried contacting Mike Dias or ceetee? I've had good dealing with Mike in the past. I've had nothing but good experiences with UE and pretty surprised about this.

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 34
Oct 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #20 of 34
Have you tried contacting Mike Dias or ceetee? I've had good dealing with Mike in the past. I've had nothing but good experiences with UE and pretty surprised about this.

no I haven't do you have their profile link? Though I don't know what to say the problems I had with them have to do with the service I recieved at their irvine office.

Well, this is a risk with ciems that most people take into consideration. I recently commented about this very thing and why some people prefer universals http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/5580#post_10906717 

I think you misunderstood I was responding to the fact that they are owned by logictech now, not the fit problems.  Would I wish I got them fitted right the first time yup but have to make do now.

On that subject I am still getting fit problems can someone tell me if the following will go away:

I still feel this painful pressure at the base of my inner ear in the cannal right before the eardrum on both ears, the right one more than the left.  Also on my right ear it feels as though the UERMs are resting on my eardrum which doesn't let me move to much as they hit the eardrum everytime I make a quick movement. 

this is what I sent to UE.

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 34
I've had a chance to meet Mike and rest of the crew at a meet.  Very customer oriented, and it's hard to imagine UE's CS would be so bad.  Really haven't run into a post regarding such issues until yours, but JH, there is a thread with too many posts regarding their service.  

Regarding the fit, Jude has recently posted a video of their new technology using computer software and 3D printing which is suppose to produce more accurate fit to reduce re-fit issues.  

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #22 of 34

I think you misunderstood I was responding to the fact that they are owned by logictech now, not the fit problems.  Would I wish I got them fitted right the first time yup but have to make do now.

Nah, I understood you. My comment was in regard to ri_toast's post about the fit being the big fear and you saying you have the same fear. Otherwise, I get your point about the bad customer service. The rest of your issues - the fit issues, are something that could have happened with any other company or audiologist but I'm sure they will be fixed sooner or later, so the actual problem seems to be the bad communication on the side of UE as the rest is just the risk of getting a ciem and not really regarding only UE.

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 34
  Well, that's quite the bad experience - you should have gone for that Noble 6 
rolleyes.gif
 and they have top-notch customer service. 

UERM over Noble 6 any day :)

The OP has to think about us folks who communicated with UE across the pacific via e-mail. A few unattended phone calls and he was panicking.

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 34

The OP has to think about us folks who communicated with UE across the pacific via e-mail. A few unattended phone calls and he was panicking.

Shouldn't one expect better customer service? I certainly am not OK with a "A few unattended phone calls".

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #25 of 34
  no I haven't do you have their profile link? Though I don't know what to say the problems I had with them have to do with the service I recieved at their irvine office.

On that subject I am still getting fit problems can someone tell me if the following will go away:

I still feel this painful pressure at the base of my inner ear in the cannal right before the eardrum on both ears, the right one more than the left.  Also on my right ear it feels as though the UERMs are resting on my eardrum which doesn't let me move to much as they hit the eardrum everytime I make a quick movement. 

this is what I sent to UE.

No it's not going to go away, the tip is no where near your ear drum, look up a picture of the cross section of an ear, look at the shape of the ciem. All it is doing is pushing on a part of your ear canal which is more sensitive, it becomes less sensitive after a while but still hurts and gets ichy after extended sessions ~3-4 hours. There where problems with my silicon ciems unrelated to the fit (different brand), claimed the warranty about 10 months later, but got a worst fit, gave up and got a pair of universals using shure foam tips now.

Problem could have been solved with shorter tips, but unless you get THE perfect fit, universal foam tips are going to be more comfortable. The softer silicon was bad enough, I won't spend $1000++ and play the dice that the piece of HARD plastic with a even tighter tolerance perfect fit.

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #26 of 34
You knew about the custom N6s, so it'a partially your fault - just kidding :D  but Brannan probably could have taken your impressions himself. And he doesn't need to work on his service only on his triceps as it's lacking a bit compared to his biceps.

I hope Brannan doesnt see this haha.

But on topic, that sucks to hear you got service like that, it might have just been like said before a series of unfortunate events( Murphys Law) .

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #27 of 34
  I've had a chance to meet Mike and rest of the crew at a meet.  Very customer oriented, and it's hard to imagine UE's CS would be so bad.  Really haven't run into a post regarding such issues until yours, but JH, there is a thread with too many posts regarding their service.  

Regarding the fit, Jude has recently posted a video of their new technology using computer software and 3D printing which is suppose to produce more accurate fit to reduce re-fit issues.  

I saw that video and started laughing then quickly stop as opening my mouth only increased the pain in my ear.  Don't know what it was but I will continue to contact the company to see if it can be worked out. I never meet mike but the people I dealt with weren't exactly customer oriented on one of my trips I walked up to the employee and he told me wait in the couch by the enterance while he finish a important call.  He was calling his wife/girlfriend to clarify so stuff about there home. 

Hmmm what product do you pay $1100 for that you think its ok for the service guy (in my case girl) to tell you to drive 20 miles to meet with them and then decided to take a 4 hour lunch while you wait for them?

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #28 of 34
  Nah, I understood you. My comment was in regard to ri_toast's post about the fit being the big fear and you saying you have the same fear. Otherwise, I get your point about the bad customer service. The rest of your issues - the fit issues, are something that could have happened with any other company or audiologist but I'm sure they will be fixed sooner or later, so the actual problem seems to be the bad communication on the side of UE as the rest is just the risk of getting a ciem and not really regarding only UE.

we'll see I'll update the thread as I deal with them I have to send them in again for another repair (my fault this time one ear was hurting so bad I ignored the other ears fit problems)

No it's not going to go away, the tip is no where near your ear drum, look up a picture of the cross section of an ear, look at the shape of the ciem. All it is doing is pushing on a part of your ear canal which is more sensitive, it becomes less sensitive after a while but still hurts and gets ichy after extended sessions ~3-4 hours. There where problems with my silicon ciems unrelated to the fit (different brand), claimed the warranty about 10 months later, but got a worst fit, gave up and got a pair of universals using shure foam tips now.

Problem could have been solved with shorter tips, but unless you get THE perfect fit, universal foam tips are going to be more comfortable. The softer silicon was bad enough, I won't spend $1000++ and play the dice that the piece of HARD plastic with a even tighter tolerance perfect fit.

damn live and learn I guess, thanks for sharing your experience.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #29 of 34
Hi. I'm Mike, the sales director for UE. I'm sorry that your experience has been less than VIP as that is certainly not how we operate. I'm sure that by looking around on the forums you'll agree. Please contact me directly with your full name, not your handle, so we can get this resolved for you.

I think you may have forgotten to mention that we are in the process of remodeling and of moving offices and that the impressions you came down for were offered as a courtesy free service with a licensed audiologist.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #30 of 34
Hi. I'm Mike, the sales director for UE. I'm sorry that your experience has been less than VIP as that is certainly not how we operate. I'm sure that by looking around on the forums you'll agree. Please contact me directly with your full name, not your handle, so we can get this resolved for you.

I think you may have forgotten to mention that we are in the process of remodeling and of moving offices and that the impressions you came down for were offered as a courtesy free service with a licensed audiologist.

I will contact you.

From what your employees told me you were just joining the adjacent offices together and that was concluded by my second visit.  I also don't know why this would affect the phones (I know for a fact that I was calling a cell phone at least once since the employee told me he was driving)  or cause the website to have dead links that bring you back to the main webpage. As for the audiologist when I inquired about the process to order my UERMs the employee told me that if I found my own audiologist UE would refund me the cost of the visit when I made the final sale.  I see now that might have been misinformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back