Why FLAC is better.
Oct 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #63 of 176
That is entirely possible.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #64 of 176
Oct 29, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #65 of 176
Wow, we should publish this whole thread as a finding and make megabucks!

Oct 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #66 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well duh! Yeesh, am I going to have to explain rudimentary teleportation to you?

I'm cool with photon teleportation, but what about mere electrons?
Quote:

Conventional electronic bits (short for binary digits), such as those in a personal computer, are always in one of two states: off or on, 0 or 1, high or low voltage, etc.

Quantum bits, however, can be in some combination, called a "superposition," of both states at the same time, like a coin that is simultaneously heads and tails — until a measurement is made.

ouh, that'd make mp3's sound kinda funky
devil_face.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #67 of 176
What happens 10-15 years down the road when those MP3 files are down to 0kbp but keep on loosing 12kbps each year? Will it start eating 12kbps of your video clips or like?
He he

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #68 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm cool with photon teleportation, but what about mere electrons?

Energy and matter are interchangeable (sort of, but I don't want to get into that here), and a discussion of particle/wave dualism is really being pedantic at this point.

Besides, electrons carry a much tighter wavelength compared to the measly photon, so it follows that they are able to carry information at a much higher resolution and density (this is why we use electron microscopes for the real nitty gritty stuff, because optical/photon microscopes aren't good enough). The only issue with this is dealing with information loss due to photoelectric decay, but if we can limit the exposure of the mp3s to radiation sources, we should be able to minimize the damage. A passive sensor would work best for reading the information, although Heisenberg complains that he loses his mp3 player every time we do that.

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #69 of 176
Guise don't be silly. There's no point even worrying about losing ur mp3 bitrates if u don't have a NOS headphone. You think you can hear those lost bits if ur headphone is oversampling? LOL. I can hear ur humiliatian from here - with my NOS headphones! Ur oversampling headphone don't even allow u to hear ur own humiliatian from within your own face!! LOLOL

Also how do u think DRM works? It accelerates the velocidensity process so that ur mp3s become useless after a few days instead of a few years. I'm a PhD in MP3, i think i know thank u very much.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #70 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swingtops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually this would be a major violation of mathematics causing the following result:

devided-by-zero-demotivational-poster.jpg

k701smile.gif
LOL
k701smile.gif

Oh my, I hadn't laughed so hard for quite a few months. The thread is just wonderful but the above pic is TRULY epic. Thanks !

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #71 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A passive sensor would work best for reading the information, although Heisenberg complains that he loses his mp3 player every time we do that.

True. He uses an ipod touch, by the way, which is interesting, because it is solid state rather than rotational. He says the monthly data fee for the iphone is just too expensive, and he's heard of people having problems with the AT&T network.

Heisenberg was awesome back in the day, and it's nice to have him on-board with this, but he is getting old and is of no use in this inquiry. Every time he wants to measure the rotational velocidensity of his mp3 files he says he cannot find his ipod touch, and every time he finds his ipod touch he gets very frustrated and starts screaming (in German) that he cannot figure out how to measure the rotational velocidensity of his mp3 files on an ipod touch. And then when he finally remembers how to take the measurements he loses his ipod touch again. Besides, I think he is dead, although he is not sure.

Heisenberg / Uncertainty Principle - Werner Heisenberg and the Uncertainty Principle

Nov 1, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #75 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all you are well known among math gangs and other street math circles....snip

This is becoming a real problem in our communities. It was only last week I heard that in a raid on one of the house in my neighborhood they discovered a math lab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back