why don't (some) people shipped worldwide? :(
Oct 11, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #31 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shipping time drastically varies also, inside EU things usually arrive within 2-3 days, while a package to US generally takes 2-3 weeks,

Disagree with you there,well from my own experience.Inside the EU for me always has been 4-5 working days registered post,the US is usually the same or no more than 2 days extra.
I have had things shipped from the UK that took 3 weeks?Recently speakers from Denmark 5 working days(Courier),Amp from Germany(courier) 4 working days.Items from US Allesandro MS1 5 working days,shure e4c 4 working days,shure foamies(from Cali) 5 working days(all post).
Its possible your items can get stuck in customs but not always.

I don't really mind there are plenty of items i drool at from US buyers but i can get most of what i need and more from within the EU.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #32 of 64
Jeeezz, I now US members who are not willing to sell/ship to EU countries. We are not 3rd country and stuff does not get lost. And I'm sure our customs people are decent an reliable. As long as their is no illigal stuff in their I do no see why something would be confiscated.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #33 of 64
I generally have no problems shipping to the continental americas, but will try to avoid shipping elsewhere due to potential complications/scams.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #34 of 64
If I can't ship it from work it becomes a hassle. I'm not running a business here, and a trip to the post office is an errand. I hate errands. I shipped something to Europe once and it worked out fine, but the item I shipped was worth about a dollar. I'm always open to helping out a reliable overseas Head-Fier, but it hasn't really come up.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #35 of 64
Despite all the reputation on Indonesia customs, i've never lost a shipment too from overseas, although it's only 5 shipments and all are less then $50
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #36 of 64
I am about to ship out a package overseas. IMO it is not a cheap item, being a LaRocco PRII MkII w/ a 24V regulated PSU. The buyer specifically asked for me to declared a lower value for the contents ($80).

On multiple PM's I explained to the buyer that I could not be held responsible should something happen, specially since I can not insure the item for its actual price since he asked me to declare an $80 value and post it as a gift.

I understand that import duty taxes are quite high in some jurisdictions. However he is running a major risk by choosing to have it shipped at an $80 dollar value. I almost forgot, he said no insurance!

The payment came through yesterday but I explained to the buyer that I could not ship it till tomorrow. I certainly hope nothing bad happens to the amp.

Regardless the costs are higher, there are more forms, and since it goes through customs (twice) it takes a very long time to arrive at its destination. Of course I worry while it is in transit.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just never done it
frown.gif
Is the shipping not a lot more expensive? I am pretty clueless about shipping out of country.

It is definitely more expensive but you can always share the added cost with the buyer (or even get him/her to shoulder it all). As for paperwork, I write nearly as much details when shipping domestic as when shipping overseas (they take a copy of my ID for declaration purposes - but that's hardly any additional work, for the lazy ones out there!).

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to ship out a package overseas. IMO it is not a cheap item, being a LaRocco PRII MkII w/ a 24V regulated PSU. The buyer specifically asked for me to declared a lower value for the contents ($80).

On multiple PM's I explained to the buyer that I could not be held responsible should something happen, specially since I can not insure the item for its actual price since he asked me to declare an $80 value and post it as a gift.

I understand that import duty taxes are quite high in some jurisdictions. However he is running a major risk by choosing to have it shipped at an $80 dollar value. I almost forgot, he said no insurance!

The payment came through yesterday but I explained to the buyer that I could not ship it till tomorrow. I certainly hope nothing bad happens to the amp.

I wouldn't deal with people like this, the buyer obviously doesn't care about the welfare of the item. At $500 dollars this is a big risk.

As a UK Head-Fier with many negative shipment experiences, I always shell out the extra for insurance. Marking down is fine, doesn't seem to have an effect on the safety of the package, it's the presence of insurance those custom thieves look for.

EK

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #40 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am in the exact situation .

I have a shipment on its way to Norway(headfi member). It is a Bel Canto DAC 2. So it is not exactly cheap..

The buyer insisted that it be underinvoiced (100$) and no insurance(you do get 100$ insurance automatically or some kind of indemnity with Express and priority).

The payment was made up front of course.
After multitple emails of confirming that i would not be held responsible if in case the package goes missing, i did ship it out a couple of days ago.

Current status is, "about to leave San Fransisco".

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rather a one eyed golfer tee off from my penis than go to the post office.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oct 12, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #43 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd rather a one eyed golfer tee off from my penis than go to the post office.

come on...it's not that bad
rolleyes.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #44 of 64
[size=medium]I hate this all too recurrent topic with all the existing molecules of my body!!!![/size]

As always one side is trying to build a wall faster than the other side trying to tear it down. Pathetic....
tongue.gif

Amicalement

PS.
For the «I dont do it side for XYZ reasons» (and among them is the «I will choose to deal domestic for my peace of mind») I have one name in mind.........williamgoody .....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #45 of 64
I don't have any problems dealing with international shippings. Whenever I buy something form the US, I discuss with the seller the deal's conditions and if we both agree then why shouldn't that seller sell it to a non US member?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back