Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #46 of 238
D600 owns every competition at its street price point. Same thing cannot be said for D7100.

Most people bought the D7100 and were not that happy. Same people who worship the old line on an altar. As for me, being a Denon fanboy and having lived with both for some time now, I can say that the 7100 does sound *weird* compared to the 7000, yet can't really explain what it is. At times it feels like there is a disconnection in the sound, particularly in the transition from bass to mid, causing the 7100 to sound dry. The 7100 excels at sound staging and instrument separation, but not a very musical sounding can like its older brother. The one-note-ish bass response isn't helping either - I do prefer the subwoofer rumble of the 7000 (mine is stock). 

I wish they could have come up with a less controversial design - the Beats look sure turns a lot of people off. I personally think it looks cool on the head though. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #47 of 238
You spend your money, you make your choice.

Who cares what anybody else thinks?

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #49 of 238
Quote:

What a completely stupid and pointless post, GTFO

Did not catch that sarcasm at first. Having a slow day. 
redface.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #50 of 238
Ok guys, this is my first post here, so take it easy on me.

I've had the D600 now for about 3 months and I have to admit that I absolutely love them. I currently also own the Sennheiser HD600 and HD439 and the DT880 (600ohms), so that's the point of view my ears are coming from. I've owned Grado 225i and AKG K550 too.

I love my HD600 and the DT880, but since I got the D600, they’ve become the first headphones I reach for. They're extremely comfortable, highly musical and genuinely fun to listen to. Out of the box, I thought the bass was way out of control – at first all I heard was booming bass – but I stuck with them, and after about 40 hours, the bass really settled down. They're nothing like any of the other headphones I have, and that's why I like them so much. I think they're a great addition to my collection, and probably a great addition to a collection with mostly open, analytical headphones. Maybe that’s why lots of people with high-end cans have these too – they’re a different sound signature entirely – and that’s a good thing.

These have detail, but with punchy bass. Yes, the mids are a bit lacking, but not to the point it's offensive. You probably wouldn’t listen to Celine Dion or Mariah Carey in these, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what they were made for anyway. They’re perfect for rock, metal and old school rap music, which is what I listen to mostly. I say if you're thinking about the D600, give them a shot!

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #51 of 238
Ok guys, this is my first post here, so take it easy on me.

I've had the D600 now for about 3 months and I have to admit that I absolutely love them. I currently also own the Sennheiser HD600 and HD439 and the DT880 (600ohms), so that's the point of view my ears are coming from. I've owned Grado 225i and AKG K550 too.

I love my HD600 and the DT880, but since I got the D600, they’ve become the first headphones I reach for. They're extremely comfortable, highly musical and genuinely fun to listen to. Out of the box, I thought the bass was way out of control – at first all I heard was booming bass – but I stuck with them, and after about 40 hours, the bass really settled down. They're nothing like any of the other headphones I have, and that's why I like them so much. I think they're a great addition to my collection, and probably a great addition to a collection with mostly open, analytical headphones. Maybe that’s why lots of people with high-end cans have these too – they’re a different sound signature entirely – and that’s a good thing.

These have detail, but with punchy bass. Yes, the mids are a bit lacking, but not to the point it's offensive. You probably wouldn’t listen to Celine Dion or Mariah Carey in these, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what they were made for anyway. They’re perfect for rock, metal and old school rap music, which is what I listen to mostly. I say if you're thinking about the D600, give them a shot!

+1

I love my D600, got them for $280 at amazon brand new. Very fun sounding headphones and very comfortable too. They are also good with pop, k-pop, and probably one of the best headphones for EDM in the $250-300 price range.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #53 of 238
What a completely stupid and pointless post, GTFO

LOL.

And this is coming from someone who starts a thread titled: "Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600"

:deadhorse:

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #54 of 238
Quote:
LOL.

And this is coming from someone who starts a thread titled: "Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600"

deadhorse.gif

Haha don't worry was only joking.

Thanks for the other posts, I am looking forward to them, I would like to have big bass, big soundstage AND reference level measured performance but unfortunately that seems to cost £500+ Hopefully the Denons are good at their current pricing anyway, I think when they were released they were too much but now they seem good for the money.

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #55 of 238
Got the D600 today.....

Initial impressions....

The actual headphones and the packaging seem very good for the price, but the sound... Prefer the Momentums and the UE6000 even at the moment.

Have only had them on for 5 minutes so I will give them a chance, initial impressions - hmmm not sure.. A bit weird sounding, a little bit dry and sharp also, but the soundstage is impressive for a closed headphone.

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #57 of 238
Quote:
How much is the street price for this headphone? I hope it is around 250 $

You can find it on Amazon used/refurb pretty regularly for around $250ish. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #58 of 238
Got the D600 today.....

Initial impressions....

The actual headphones and the packaging seem very good for the price, but the sound... Prefer the Momentums and the UE6000 even at the moment.

Have only had them on for 5 minutes so I will give them a chance, initial impressions - hmmm not sure.. A bit weird sounding, a little bit dry and sharp also, but the soundstage is impressive for a closed headphone.

Let them burn! Burn in, that is. Everyone's tastes are different, of course, so you may not necessarily like them. But they have the perfect sound for me: big bass, slightly dry mids sparkly treble that isn't harsh, and a big airy soundstage.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #60 of 238
Quote:
These headphones need to settle down a bit when you first get them. The bass will get noticeably tighter, and the treble will smooth out.

Yes, when I got them I was like "these are rubbish" but I have either used or left them playing most of today and they do seem a lot different to when I first put them on.... Bass is better and treble is smoother as you say, out of the box the bass was pretty bad and the treble was very sharp.

Must say that I like the comfort and the headphones feel and look like an expensive product, the cable etc. and overall size and comfort of them is very good at the price I paid, also I like the soundstage, Not sure about the rest of the sound yet but they are getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back