Why does SinglePower increase their price so often?
May 23, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #76 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recall while I joined the forum the META42 was the FOTM, along with some commercial offers, MGHead, Sudgen, MicroZOLT, EMP, Melos (at that time we had two modders, Carlo and another guy)...later on PPA, Where have all the good times gone!!!!

Yep....I still enjoy my maxed PPA occasionally. A very fine amp that can be had for very relative low price. The Melos and Microzol as well as the RKV Mark II are excellent values in a used market.

May 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #78 of 102
I really dont understand why the OP would doubt Mikhails word when he says parts increase have forced price increases.
The Zana Deuxs are going up.
Ayre
Mcintosh
Oritek
Sim Audio
Thiel
Krell (is going through downsizing)
Just to name a few have all had to increase there prices. In the current state of our economy I highly doubt they are all at once trying to stick it to the consumer. I would think the parts increases, (there own personal cost of living) material increases, such as copper, aluminum, and silver have gone through the roof. I am sure its a fine line these companies walk to try and keep from having to let go of employes and cover there costs, make a profit, and still get price out there that the consunmer will pay. Add to that, the increased amount of used gear showing up at great prices, due to peoples $$$ priorites having to change, and the Audio industry is going to take a hit. I see things getting worse across the board, before they get better.

May 24, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #79 of 102
I've been waiting for upgrades to be made on two SP amps since August last year.

By the time the amps are shipped, probably in late 2009, I hope I'm charged the cheaper mid-2007 prices.

May 25, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #80 of 102
It took me almost the whole day to read this thread, but from reading the first few pages of this thread, I just want to say that hypocrisy runs rampant in this forum. OP was criticized for an opinionated post, but he/she is expected to be more "civil", while other more experienced members have made posts not too far away from personal attacks, directly or indirectly. So I guess people here fight fire with fire, expecting others to be "civil" while they are ready to jump on any remark they don't like.

Remember, a great man once said, "an eye for an eye and the world will be blind."

May 25, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #81 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me almost the whole day to read this thread, but from reading the first few pages of this thread, I just want to say that hypocrisy runs rampant in this forum. OP was criticized for an opinionated post, but he/she is expected to be more "civil", while other more experienced members have made posts not too far away from personal attacks, directly or indirectly. So I guess people here fight fire with fire, expecting others to be "civil" while they are ready to jump on any remark they don't like.

Remember, a great man once said, "an eye for an eye and the world will be blind."

If you actually read the thread you would also understand that the tonality of the thread was as a result of the attitude of the OP. There are ways to ask what the OP is asking but yet not garner such a negative reaction. My reply would be "You reap what you sow".

May 25, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #83 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What prices? I thought you just called or E-mailed Mikhail and he told you what amp to get for the amount of dough you had in your pocket.

That's definitely one way to go about things.

May 25, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #85 of 102
Quote:

I know he makes beautiful stuff but shopping SinglePower is most frustrating, especially if your not a tube amp aficionado.

It is, but if you really want a SP amp, you could always just buy one of the used ones.

May 25, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #87 of 102
Quote:

Id love to have one but I just bought a Raptor and I Love it, Im not the kind of person to change amps all the time. Did you ever sell yours?

Not yet, but I do like my amps, so it's a win win for me.

May 25, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #89 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you actually read the thread you would also understand that the tonality of the thread was as a result of the attitude of the OP. There are ways to ask what the OP is asking but yet not garner such a negative reaction. My reply would be "You reap what you sow".

That's the exact kind of hypocritical attitude that I'm talking about. "He started it!" Are we all still in kindergarten here? If other people have a bad attitude you just inject more bad attitude into the "discussion" instead of solving the problem like adults?

May 25, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #90 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the exact kind of hypocritical attitude that I'm talking about. "He started it!" Are we all still in kindergarten here? If other people have a bad attitude you just inject more bad attitude into the "discussion" instead of solving the problem like adults?

Honestly I really don't want to get into this again as those issues have already been addressed in this thread. However, people gave him very reasonably worded responses that addressed his questions adequately that were far more civil than the attitude that he displayed.

I'll say basically what I said to him. I really don't know what you're trying to get at here. The replies that he received were "adult like" in their tone and nature. The mass majority of them were very mature and appropriate, but did also deal with the tone of his posts and why people took issue with that.

With respect to your reply and why you're bring this up again, I really don't know what situations that you've been in, but if you randomly come into a situation and come with guns blazing, my experience is that you're not going to be received well. I already stated that there were ways in which he could have stated his thread and not received a seemingly large backlash, but I guess you missed that. I will also say that I don't know what experience you have on online forums, but it is normal for a thread starter to set the tone and type of "voice" that the thread can take. You also see that in face to face communication. Accusatory language and non accusatory language starting off a conversation can be met with starkly different reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back