Why does my Triple Fi sound like ****?
Jan 29, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #16 of 19
From my experience with my desktop amps as well as portable tells me that the loss of upper mid/ lower high is likely due to the output impedance of the pairings. Robert of Headphonia tested this and it became the reason why the new Arrow amps don't have an output resistor, no loss of frequencies with the Triple.Fi.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #17 of 19
Im dont't even know what soundcard im using but i think it's those crappy integrated onboard sound card... I used to use the ipod touch 1G with my tf10, however it didn't sound that great too because it sounds thin. 

When you said your other dynamic earphones sound good through the soundcard, what i think is armature drivers don't work that well with your sound card? 

Quote:
Quote:
Im fairly sure it's the soundcard. When i had my tf10 and i plugged it to my laptop, it sounded horrible too. 

What is your source now?

Another question for everyone, what's your source/amp for your TF10? 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Im dont't even know what soundcard im using but i think it's those crappy integrated onboard sound card... I used to use the ipod touch 1G with my tf10, however it didn't sound that great too because it sounds thin. 

When you said your other dynamic earphones sound good through the soundcard, what i think is armature drivers don't work that well with your sound card? 

Quote:
Quote:
Im fairly sure it's the soundcard. When i had my tf10 and i plugged it to my laptop, it sounded horrible too. 

What is your source now?

Another question for everyone, what's your source/amp for your TF10? 

I really doubt BA and sources will conflict

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #19 of 19
I seem to have the same problem. On my laptop the triples sound really crap, yet plug them into my Cowon J3 and they are amazing.

However, plugging my Super.fi 5vi into the laptop sounds much better so the triples must be fussy about the source.

Shame as I spend most of my time working on my laptop so I suppose I will have to get a USB headphone amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back