Why do you listen to headphones?
Oct 1, 2004 at 9:16 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Not to mention people thinks it's weird when you blast a Korn song right after a Beatles track. And then follow up with N'Sync. Then with a couple in different languages. People talk.
wink.gif

You just need to listen to NSync to make people talk.
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 10:48 AM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Can't really walk around campus carrying 50lbs of speaker and related accesorries...

Uh huh, I tried that too. You realise they expect you to buy an extra ticket for your speakers on the bus? The INJUSTICE of it all...
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 12:27 PM Post #63 of 69
so to speak it can move with me a lot more easily then a set of genuinely good speakers.
plus it will cost me megabucks to try and build a system to match the headphone setup I have.

Oct 4, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #64 of 69
The golden rule ("do unto others as you would have them do unto you").

I don't want to have to listen to other people's crap, so I don't submit them to mine.

That and, it just sounds better. I like not having to be in the sweet spot (or rather, always being in the sweet spot).

Oct 4, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #66 of 69
Out of prefrence and partly neccessity. With headphones, I hear only music and nothing else. The sound quality is far better then any speakers I've heard (not many). And I don't have to worry about bothering my nieghbors (but considering everyone else bothers me with their music, I think thats a non-issue). I only use my 2.0 speakers when company comes over or I'm playing DDR/Pump It Up. At least, I don't trust myself dancing with headphones on. I would probably trip myself. Also, after wearing them for so long, you feel kind of naked with out them. ^^;;

Oct 4, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #67 of 69
Necessity - don't have space, don't have money, don't have a tolerant family lol.

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #68 of 69
"Headphone systems are the microscopes of high-end audio. A great headphone system will let you hear details in the recording that no speaker system could hope to match. Sure, speakers give impact and imaging that headphones can't compete with, but reflections and room acoustic effects, not to mention cross-overs and multiple drivers, make it hard to hear the finest levels of detail on speaker systems. Headphones, however, suffer from none of these occluding acoustic effects, and provide effortless ear-sight into the fine details of the music. People remark on how they feel completely taken to the music due to the incredible clarity and intimacy of a high performance headphone system."

from the Headroom website

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #69 of 69
Why do I listen to headphones? Well to keep it simple, I have a champagne taste on a beer budget
smily_headphones1.gif
Plus, my room isn't that big and I'd have no room for speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back