Why do you guys spend so much on Open Headphones?
Feb 23, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #166 of 171
I have to disagree there about the 20hz lower extension- I run them on my reciever for the moment which is rated down to 40(which I dispute through bass testing). My iRiver player is rated down to 20, and bass extension tests I've ran thruogh it strongly imply that. I can definitely hear something that is un-localizeable at that region, same as going beyond 20khz. You can still hear something that is for lack of a better term, indecscribeable. My amp (which I hope JMT got) should clear things up a bit when it gets back to me, courtesy of JMT's repair expertise.

Feb 23, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #168 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeD
*Flame Thread Alert*

I can understand buying expensive open headphones, if they are used with portables. But I don't understand when you're at home, why do you listen with headphones that give out sound, defeating the whole objective of having a headphone.

I however, have 7 B&W signature speakers, rated the best speakers money can buy, and so I wonder why you lot spend so much on headphones which try to do what speakers, espescially my range, beat straight away?

What's the deal?

ok, this thread deserves a hearty "What?"

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #169 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Yes, it's Mark (Ken) from Battle Of The Planets (Gatchaman).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/ba...ry/index.shtml
Transmute!

I think that cartoon goes under a different name here in the States as well- I remember it for those whacked out beak helmets That is way rad, ya know, Yoshi taka amano (don't want to trip the censors
tongue.gif
) is the guy who designed the art for that-he's also behind Final Fantasy, Vampire Hunter D, and bunch of other stuff. He's my favorite artist, and Yoji Shinkawa for his MGS work is a close second, along with a good friend of mine who lives in Idaho, here in the States.
You have good taste in an avatar; art is the way to go, IMHO!

Back on topic now, I should try a powered sub or rig a series of cutoff points on my tower speakers to cut off the tweeter, mids, or bass, at the flick of a knob switch. Not a hard mod for that sub+phones test, or running a guitar through my budget towers. I wonder if those 12"s can do the job? Though passive they certainly did better than my last setup which included a powered sub.
Here's to crazy ideas,
Abe

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #170 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
I think that cartoon goes under a different name here in the States as well

It was Battle Of The Planets for us "westerners". A lot of people knew it as G-Force but that's because the characters were G-Force. It was originally Gatchaman when it was released in Japan in the early '70's. It was a truly break through series in my opinion. The concepts were unheard of in those days. I could go on but it's off topic. Do some Google searches if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back