Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music?
Jan 29, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #181 of 238
I'm not an audiophile per se, I just like music to be of high quality, sound and music itself. Although now with age I listen a lot of other stuff, Blues, Classic Rock, Opera, but my heart belongs to electronic music.

I was too young to witness its birth and do not like Kraftwerk, but a big fan of High Contrast, Klute, The Timewriter, The Chemical Brothers, Terry Lee Brown Junior, Stanton Warriors just to name a few. 

Maybe I am bit of a snob as I don't regard AVICII and all that related stuff that's is popular as electronic music.

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #187 of 238
Is there a particular reason why Boards of Canada has not been up on this thread?

im almost certain they have

Love `em.  Bonobo, too.  Great stuff.  

bonobo and mr scruff always come to mind when defending electronical music from the non-believers 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #189 of 238
The newest crystal method lp was good

The Crystal Method has a new album ? ? ? 

I have raved about these guys, or actually it`s just one guy : Kaya Project.  It`s electronica, but he always manages to get in to these amazing grooves, with funky guitars and cowbells, etc . . .   It`s great music for navigating complex public transportation systems . . .  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT5kcfCN-SA

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #191 of 238
One of my fave genres, absolutely amazing on the Abyss. The LCD-3F was amazing, but these are levels above.

Trentemoller and Shpongle have never sounded so good :¬)

In case you've not heard, check out Abakus - That Much Closer to the Sun. Sublime album!

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #192 of 238
This is sorta true, since many audiophiles are older and listen to accoustic things. Electronic seems to go to near age 29 and stops there. Then after that they are listening to rock, jazz, etc.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #193 of 238
This is sorta true, since many audiophiles are older and listen to accoustic things. Electronic seems to go to near age 29 and stops there. Then after that they are listening to rock, jazz, etc.

Have you read this thread? Might not be a bad idea. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back