why are the SF5Pro so expensive lately ?!
Aug 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stoneshadow

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All!
I know that the retail price of the SF5Pro are 249...but some of u were able to find them in the 150-170 price range...now they are about 230-240...why is that?...could it be becouse they are discontinued?!
i wanna stick to the UE becouse i heard that the ultimate ears signature especially of the SF5Pro and the TF10Pro are really good with rock/metal music...
And i might considering going with a custom molded after awhile...thats's why i wanna get the SF5Pro...for some time...
But if i won't find them unde 170...i might get the TF10Pro wich i'm able to find them under 260...but then i don't think i'll go for custom after spending so much now...
Thx )

Aug 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Forget them. You can get way better for the same price. They were good when they were cheaper, but today, there are better alternatives, and moreover, their price has gone up.
I had them a while ago and would not buy them again.
I haven't tried the TF10 though.

Aug 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Forget them. You can get way better for the same price. They were good when they were cheaper, but today, there are better alternatives, and moreover, their price has gone up.
I had them a while ago and would not buy them again.
I haven't tried the TF10 though.

(((...then i'll go with the TF10...
P.S...what alternative to them will u sujest ?!...for rock music other then TF10 )

Aug 2, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 8
For rock music, I would suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 (harder to find, discontinued), Monster Turbine Pro, Fischer Audio DBA-02...
But you must know what sound signature you're after (balanced, bass heavy, v-shaped...)
Have a look at those threads:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-93-iems-compared-hifiman-re-zero-h2o-audio-surge-added-08-01

Aug 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 8
i'm not a basshead...and a flat response will be a little bit strage for rock music imo
i think i might like the v-shaped...i don't really know :D...do the ksc75 have a v-shaped response...i liked them a lot with rock music...and i've noticed that the highs and the lows are the strong part of them ))...i suppose...
thx for the links :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back