Why are my ears so hot? (And what good headphones will be suitable for me?)
Sep 1, 2011 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

disappearedng

New Head-Fier
Dear Everyone,

I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-M50S a couple of months ago and have been using it since. The sound is clear, but I feel these headphones does not produce a base full enough. Regardless, the sound quality was good given its price.

However, my ears burn up so fast wearing these earphones. I think the leather material makes it really susceptible to heat.

Then I got a pair of Senheiser HD 280 Pro from work. The leather is slightly different but it still feels really hot after wearing about 15 minutes. 

I do not know why I generate so much body heat (perhaps due to high metabolism). 

I do not particularly enjoy wearing ear buds because they tend to make my ears really painful. 

Does anyone have a good pair of headphones (over-the-ear) to recommend? I want something full in base and more importantly, good with ear heat. 

Thanks

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Ultrasone Pro 900s will have head shaking bass and velour pads, but they are a bit of an investment.

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 6
what you need is a pair of velour pads for your M50s. the beyerdynamic DT250 pads fit the M50 and will actually allow your ears to breathe a little! they go for just under $20 . i bought mine from sweetwater, but i think b&h also carries them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back