Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Sep 23, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #226 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonolithTMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time a Jeff Buckley or a Michael Hedges dies, I think the same thought: "And yet Brian Adams is still alive."

In a way, I agree with you. But you can't deny his talent. "Cuts Like a Knife' is one of my favorite radio tunes from the late heyday of FM radio, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Great guitar riff, solid melody, good lyrics, great hooks.

He is rumored to have done a no-compromise record with Steve Lillywhite, only to decide not to release it.

The problem is not his talent. His talent is obvious. He just seems more interested in making money than making art.

What a shame. So yeah, actually, I do agree with you . That Robin Hood thing was an atrocity. A well constructed atrocity, but an atrocity nonetheless.

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #227 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In a way, I agree with you. But you can't deny his talent. "Cuts Like a Knife' is one of my favorite radio tunes from the late heyday of FM radio, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Great guitar riff, solid melody, good lyrics, great hooks.

He is rumored to have done a no-compromise record with Steve Lillywhite, only to decide not to release it.

The problem is not his talent. His talent is obvious. He just seems more interested in making money than making art.

What a shame. So yeah, actually, I do agree with you . That Robin Hood thing was an atrocity. A well constructed atrocity, but an atrocity nonetheless.

And to clarify: I'm not saying that I wish Brian Adams was dead.
wink.gif

There are certainly far less talented folks out there.

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #228 of 1,005
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonolithTMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And to clarify: I'm not saying that I wish Brian Adams was dead.
wink.gif

There are certainly far less talented folks out there.

I iddn't for a second think that you meant that. Just wanted to point out that this is not briney we are dealing with. Talent can go terribly wrong.

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #232 of 1,005
Justin BIEBER!! i wouldn't call that music...

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #238 of 1,005
Lady Gaga/Bieber.  (Unfortunately, can't escape from the reality of it being played/embraced constantly everywhere, even when I was in Asia this summer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back