Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Dec 29, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #256 of 1,005

Weird. I had a similar story but the album was The Predator by Ice Cube. My brother had given me the cassette and one day I was listening to it on the only stereo we had in the house which was in the living room and my mom heard a few F bombs out of it and she proceeded with taking out of the cassette deck and going outside and smashing it. By now of course I have bought the CD and she can break it as many times as she wants since I can always makes copies of it.
Quote:
Great song...I love the W-BALZ DJ, always puts a smile on my face. Funny story about that album- it was the first (and only as I recall) album that my parents actually took away from me as a kid because of its content. lol...must be why it's still dear to my heart today...
Quote:
Great so see some love for that album. My favorite track from that album is "For all my N***** and B***** awesome song with a cool hook and intro.

Quote:
Doggy Style is still one of my most favorite rap albums ever, but admittedly I too can't stand 98% of rap gangstuh or otherwise. And Punk. I'd rather snort powdered glass than listen to another punk album.

Quote:
I hate that everyone equates gangsta rap as crap and the worst of the worst. But in my opinion there are some great gangsta album out there that are just awesome like the first album by the Westside Connection, Infamous by Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg Doggystyle and Dr. Dre's The Chronic. All great gangsta rap albums. But to each's own
redface.gif

~It ain't no fun if the homeys can't get none~

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #257 of 1,005
If you thought he was whiny in Blink 182 you should hear his band Angels and Airwaves that he put together when 182 was on hiatus. I take that back, no one should hear that tripe.

Quote:
blink 182, the lead singer,errr I mean one half of the lead singer (s) is sooooo annoying and whiny...no wonder why they need the other half to back him up

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #258 of 1,005
I just can't stand most rappers, awful video clips, awful awful awful!

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #259 of 1,005

Quote:
Ah, the Black Eyed Peas. One of the all time great lyricists......

Just listen to these beautiful lyrics:

I gotta feeling,
that tonights gonna be a good night

And FallenAngel, I bet your IQ was 140 before liking the Black Eyed Peas.

:D I believe 140 and above is considered genius?

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #262 of 1,005
Gorillaz, or more specifically, Damon Albarn. His fictional band has become a total sellout. Now he has just released an album that everyone is raving about because he made it on the iPad. His band is basically a merchandise.

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #264 of 1,005

I loved the first Gorillaz album, kind of liked the second one and hated the latest one. The whole concept behind Gorillaz was pretty much to be a collaborative sell out of multiple artists, haha...But I still LOVE Blur...way better then Oasis...
Quote:
Gorillaz, or more specifically, Damon Albarn. His fictional band has become a total sellout. Now he has just released an album that everyone is raving about because he made it on the iPad. His band is basically a merchandise.

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #266 of 1,005
lol, what s/he said, and the Black Eyed Peas, who have been riding the same dumb-as-dogs++t song for far too long.

So who do you get when Michael Bolton and Celine Dion have a love child?

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without a doubt, Michael Bolton. The excruciating sound of someone having a very difficult time on the toilet.

Agreed, along with Celine Dion whose constipated nasal screeching makes me want to stick chopsticks in her eyes and smother her till she's dead. And I say that with love and compassion
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #269 of 1,005
think so, thought he has it's own 'signature model' Beats also

Jan 1, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #270 of 1,005
Good answer (c:  Any other suggestions?

btw as far as gangsta rap goes, Ice T - OG is a damn good album.  Unfortunately it's an exception to the general rule.

And yeah, the Stones are pretty overrated, but they are living proof of successfully appealling to the widest possible audience.  I don't mind hearing their songs on the radio, but I've never felt compelled to spend any time and money on them.

Kenny G anyone?...(insert vomiting smiley)...oops, I see he already has six honourable mentions.  Quite the dartboard pinup around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back