Who's getting in on the K1000 sale?
Sep 6, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #46 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
But old favorites like the Stones sound dead.

Have you listened to the new remasters/SACDs of the Stones' ABKCO releases? I have listened to them using the AKG-1000s, and they sounded excellent. Try "Honky Tonk Woman." The opening cowbell never sounded clearer. Also, the brass never sounded so open nor had as much punch as it does on SACD.

Quote:

I would also like to know if anyone has tried the Stefan AudioArt replacement cable

I am dying to know this myself. The only drawback (and one of the reasons why the cable is said to sound so good) is that it cuts the extension part of the cable to only 5ft.

Sep 6, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #47 of 76
maaan... if any of you get tired of your K-1000's, i'll trade my HD600/Clou combo
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #48 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Have you listened to the new remasters/SACDs of the Stones' ABKCO releases?

I've order the remastered "Sticky Fingers." I also found a limited edition/remaster of "Exile," but could only find it used. Where did you find SACD's of the Stones and which release has "Honky Tonk Women"?

Sep 6, 2002 at 3:26 AM Post #49 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by 88Sound
The K1000's are 120 Ohm. I spoke with Todd at Headroom today and I believe I got the last pair, and they are an open box return!

Grrr...I do believe Todd screwed up...I was supposed to be in line for those...oh, well, my wallet thanks you, anyway...I emailed him yesterday about this, and he hasn't responded...I will try calling him tomorrow...(unless, of course, you were in line for those even before I was, in which case, please ignore my criticisms). Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Let's see... kwkarth and several others coupled their K1000 with a subwoofer, so that's a good indication
wink.gif

I was talking about your K501's comment. Sorry for the confusion. If you think the K501's lack bass, then maybe your amp is too wussy. :wink: I will stop there, so as not to further crap on this thread.

Sep 6, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #50 of 76
I've been using the K1000 with ASL 1005DTI for several months now. I can't complain about the sound. They are definitely remarkable. But the fit is really not up to par. Hence I don't listen to them as often as I like. They really do limit my head movements and are less comfortable than my Grados. You will not forget that they are hanging from your head.

Sep 6, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #51 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
I've been using the K1000 with ASL 1005DTI for several months now. I can't complain about the sound. They are definitely remarkable. But the fit is really not up to par. Hence I don't listen to them as often as I like. They really do limit my head movements and are less comfortable than my Grados. You will not forget that they are hanging from your head.

Headphone fit is highly individual. I have the same setup, and wear my K1000 at least 4 hours a day. This headphone is amazingly comfortable, and much more comfortable than my Grado SR325.

Sep 6, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #52 of 76
Fedex tried to deliver my K1000's today, but nobody was home, so I just got a not instead. I am going to Fedex tomorrow to pick them up.

If you want the Stones SACD's, Best buy has them, so does Tower, but I think Best buy may be a little cheaper. I have "Let It Bleed" and really like it. These are all dual layer, so you can play them on a normal CD player too. Amazon has them online. There are tons of post at audioasylum hirez forum on these if you are interested.

Randy

Sep 6, 2002 at 9:49 AM Post #53 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg

Headphone fit is highly individual. I have the same setup, and wear my K1000 at least 4 hours a day. This headphone is amazingly comfortable, and much more comfortable than my Grado SR325.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I can wear the K1000s for 1-2 hours before they start to bother me. Funny, but in fit (but not in sound, by any means) they remind me of my old Jecklin Floats. Those were, by far, the most comfortable pair of headphones that I ever used.

The Stones SACDs have been out since August 27 (2002). I saw them at Tower today, on sale, for $14.99.

Sep 7, 2002 at 4:13 PM Post #55 of 76
Here's an update: The Grace 901 works fine with the K1000's at 3/4 volume, at about two notches down from maximum it's as loud as I would ever listen. Very nice!
biggrin.gif
Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be able to try the RKV with these.
smily_headphones1.gif
Incidently as far as comfort goes, don't forget about the adjustable side pads, that makes a big difference.

Sep 7, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #56 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by 88Sound
Here's an update: The Grace 901 works fine with the K1000's at 3/4 volume, at about two notches down from maximum it's as loud as I would ever listen. Very nice! Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be able to try the RKV with these.

How did you connect to this headphone amp
confused.gif
Do you have a special adapter?

Sep 7, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #57 of 76
Quote:

How did you connect to this headphone amp Do you have a special adapter?

I had a spare 1/4 stereo plug, so I wrapped the wires from the K1000 cable to the appropriate terminals on the 1/4" plug and plugged it into the Grace for a test, didn't even solder the connections, just taped them with electrical tape, and It works fine. If the K1000's work with a 1/4 inch plug on the RKV as well as bare wires I'll get a decent 1/4 plug (like switchcraft) and solder the whole thing together permanently.

Sep 9, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #58 of 76
I sat down today to listen to k1000 and norh se9 intergrated
amp .To say that this combo blew me away is an understatement.
I Listened for three hours straight. Just listening to music, not trying to pick apart indiviual things the combo was doing,like detail, bass response etc.Just enjoying the music as a whole not the sound.
This is the first time listening to this headphone or amp for that matter. The combo works. For any of you hifiers need an amp to drive your k1000 this amp is a good match and is a steal .
Cost 399.95 delivered, Go to www.norh.com for info and link of review of both units together.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #59 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
I sat down today to listen to k1000 and norh se9 intergrated
amp .To say that this combo blew me away is an understatement.
I Listened for three hours straight. Just listening to music, not trying to pick apart indiviual things the combo was doing,like detail, bass response etc.Just enjoying the music as a whole not the sound.
This is the first time listening to this headphone or amp for that matter. The combo works. For any of you hifiers need an amp to drive your k1000 this amp is a good match and is a steal .
Cost 399.95 delivered, Go to www.norh.com for info and link of review of both units together.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Bozebuttons,
I just got my 1000's, and I was wondering how the Norh would sound with it. Did you get the other cable too? And are you using it with the Norh/1000?I may end up getting the cable first, and see how much difference that makes.
I have pretty much blown my stereo budget for the year, so the norh it probably out of the question this year, but even if I had the money, I do not have any place to put it.

Randy

Sep 9, 2002 at 12:37 PM Post #60 of 76
Randy,
I didn't get the stehpen cable yet,IT is only 5feet long.
I need 10 feet.I know I can order a longer cable but I don't know
if will affect the improvement over the stock cable at that length.
Depending on what amp you are currently using, better bang for the buck the amp would be the better way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back