Who would consider using their mobile phone as music player?
Dec 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try FolderPlay app
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks man
o2smile.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #17 of 50
I plug IEMs into my iPhone now and then. It works well enough and I'm happy with the combination. Usually, however, I use the home rig for listening.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 50
I used my w810i as my pmp for a long time. It was actually quite good, I never complained.

Now though I switched to a blackberry, which sucks as a media player due to virtually no low end. And it dies very quickly if I use it as a pmp.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #19 of 50
Almost 3 years old and my 810i still gets fantastic battery life. Actually, if not for disposable income and curiosity, I really had no reason to stop using it as my main portable.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #20 of 50
I keep considering, I keep switching to the phone for music, and then I keep switching back to dedicated DAPs.

It comes down to two things: first, the phone's music player is often not as smooth, or it'll have certain utility issues and be inconvenient. I'm on Windows Mobile, and I've tried pretty much every software. I consider this problem solved if you have the iPhone, it's hands down the best implementation of a non-streaming music player on the phone.

Second, it's nice when everything works, but the battery draw is a very big issue. Modern day phones don't really have the battery life for me to do everything I want in a single day PLUS heavy browsing/listening of music.

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by stingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost 3 years old and my 810i still gets fantastic battery life. Actually, if not for disposable income and curiosity, I really had no reason to stop using it as my main portable.

Same. I still have my w810i. Not only is it a great pmp, its quad band and I've used mine everywhere from NA to Africa to India. In fact when I was in Ghana it was my phone, pmp, AND camera. Plus its durable as hell. In 3 yrs of heavy use I've managed to put a very shallow scratch on the screen. Its great for cutting down on electronics for international travel. Just load it up with a 4gb mem stick and its solid!

Should we make a w810i appreciation thread?
confused.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #22 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeman101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus its durable as hell. In 3 yrs of heavy use I've managed to put a very shallow scratch on the screen.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...overview/w810i
3 years on the same battery without reduced battery life? That's remarkable. I don't like Sony's proprietary bulging connector on this thing, though. They rarely use standard headphone ports on their phones.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #23 of 50
My Nokia N79 is actually very good, it has in fact less hiss than my sony x1060.

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeman101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact when I was in Ghana it was my phone, pmp, AND camera.

Forgot to mention how good the camera is on this phone. Outdoors it takes fantastic shots.
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #28 of 50
As I was sitting this morning drinking coffee and checking out the new post, I came across this one and while reading it I realized I am on the laptop but I’m listening to my Grado HF2,s plugged into my Grado RA-1 with my new 32g I-Phone as the source. Mostly because I have found the Pandora APP and love it. Before this phone I used my Sony 580 phone quite a lot for music. I’m new to the headphone scene, having moved over from the loud speaker action. I have a small Muse Audio DAC on the way with plans, I guess of using the I-Phone as my source regularly. Is that bad? I’m getting older and would just like to enjoy my music where every without hauling a lot of stuff along.
o2smile.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #29 of 50
I also use the 32GB iPhone 3GS as my portable source mainly while driving. Nothing beats LastFm, Pandora, GPS and 32GB of music on the go. Hands down no other phone can compare with the features of the iPhone combined with the iPhone's sound quality. AT&T service is another story. Fortunately I live in the north east of the U.S. where 3G is covered. However, the new Sony Xperia X10 looks promising.
Sony Ericsson lets XPERIA X10 videos and press shots loose -- Engadget

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #30 of 50
I used my PSP Slim as my main player for about a year, it didn't sound too good but then again looking back most of my music at the time was 128kbps MP3.. so... yeah
k701smile.gif
it probably does sound quite good with the right 'phones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back