Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jun 27, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #166 of 495
well  this has been a great disappointment for me.
English players are stupid, dumb... well I don't know other words to call them, oh yes someone may say "fair play"?
Why in the hell in 3 of the goals they could commit a simple foul and get at max a yellow card, but they just let play, when england stopped the game whenever they could.

Don't blame the coach, blame stupid mentality of "let play".
well england was also robbed in the end of the day

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #167 of 495
and the assistant was busy running a straight line.. /wallbash

edit: regardless of the final result, something like that must not happen (again)

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #168 of 495
Robbed 4-1.  Lol...get real.  England got smashed, should have been 4-2, but it wasn't.  4-2 is still getting reamed hard.  Germany wanted it more.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #169 of 495

Quote:
Robbed 4-1.  Lol...get real.  England got smashed, should have been 4-2, but it wasn't.  4-2 is still getting reamed hard.  Germany wanted it more.

that is a naive statement to make re: the first bit. Germany wanting it more, I agree with and also the fact that they were more clinical in front of goal.

if the score had become 2-2, it would have been a different game altogether and England wouldn't have been as open, or maybe the score could have been worse. That being said, their defence/midfield was horrendous and in that sense, they deserved to lose. In theory their whole game was questionable and I'm still questioning why in the world Gerrard is playing left mid which really just shows the lack of left sided talent England have at their disposal.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #171 of 495
my congrats to the youngest team in WC 2010 (Germany)
sympathic- cool -fast-  (4:1)

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #172 of 495

Quote:
that is a naive statement to make re: the first bit. Germany wanting it more, I agree with and also the fact that they were more clinical in front of goal.

if the score had become 2-2, it would have been a different game altogether and England wouldn't have been as open, or maybe the score could have been worse. That being said, their defence/midfield was horrendous and in that sense, they deserved to lose. In theory their whole game was questionable and I'm still questioning why in the world Gerrard is playing left mid which really just shows the lack of left sided talent England have at their disposal.

This is a naive statement.  Everyone knows, especially the pro athletes that play the sport, that would ofs and could ofs are complete rubbish.  What happens happens, and every team has to deal with unfair calls that go against them re: Germany/Serbia, and many other games this World Cup. 

To the post I was referring to.  Saying that England was robbed is completely absurd.  A 4:1 win is huge in football, and a 4:2 win isn't much worse.  England played well for maybe 15 of 90 minutes.

My dark horse team is Uruguay.  I think they have played outstanding, and have a good chance to win it all.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #173 of 495

I see you have the same mind as english players.
You seem to only watch world cups, you should know that there are moments that change the match, don't come with pro poops.
If england scored, their mental strength ould increase and the german strength would decrease. 

Completely a new match it would have been.
Quote:
This is a naive statement.  Everyone knows, especially the pro athletes that play the sport, that would ofs and could ofs are complete rubbish.  What happens happens, and every team has to deal with unfair calls that go against them re: Germany/Serbia, and many other games this World Cup. 

To the post I was referring to.  Saying that England was robbed is completely absurd.  A 4:1 win is huge in football, and a 4:2 win isn't much worse.  England played well for maybe 15 of 90 minutes.

My dark horse team is Uruguay.  I think they have played outstanding, and have a good chance to win it all.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #174 of 495
It was a fair win. If we go by if and buts would it really be fair with 2-2 at half time... Looking at play and chances 3-0 to Germany would have been more fair playing the IF/BUT game.

A bit unfair to blame the referee though. The field is what 120 metre long and you have one referee that is going to cover that entire area. Hopefully this lead to penalty area judges or goal cameras in the future. Blatters comment that he wanted to keep the human side of football with misstakes and such is such a hogwash lol. It´s not like nobody knows how much money that is involved in the sports nowadays anyway :p

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #175 of 495

Quote:
You seem to only watch world cups, you should know that there are moments that change the match, don't come with pro poops.
If england scored, their mental strength ould increase and the german strength would decrease. 

Though the German team is known for its mental strength, which the English team is not.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #176 of 495

I agree 100 % with you. But when someone overcomes a 2-0 result, it is hard for the other team to come back.
Quote:
Though the German team is known for its mental strength, which the English team is not.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #178 of 495
The problem is that England will go home blaming just that one incident. That from a team whose star striker hardly even had a shot on goal and only scored twice in the first round in the weakest group. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #179 of 495

Quote:

I watch both Bundesliga and the Champions League.  I know how momentum works, and I know that hypothetical situations in sports are worth nothing. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #180 of 495

Quote:
I watch both Bundesliga and the Champions League.  I know how momentum works (that's good), and I know that hypothetical situations in sports are worth nothing. (partially why this hypothetical argument is pointless)

@ dean0: LOL x 2

Quote:
The problem is that England will go home blaming just that one incident. That from a team whose star striker hardly even had a shot on goal and only scored twice in the first round in the weakest group. 

I agree with you there, but at the same time, this is exactly why video technology should be used for important game changing decisions to ensure that the right calls are made; obviously this is a large debate and Sepp Blatter has no intention of changing his mind with regards to video technology. At the end of the day, the non-call occurred at an important moment of the game when England finally had a good patch. I could say tough luck, these things happen and tend to even themselves out over time, but sometimes you can't help but think, these things can be awarded. A team with great mental strength would not walk back out with their heads hanging down, but would walk out with their heads held high and fighting back. But they are only human, and that non-call made a big impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back