Who will win the FIFA world cup?
May 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 495

smeerkaas

500+ Head-Fier

I could only add 10 options to the poll, so I chose the countries with the highest FIFA ranking, sorry if I left your favorite out.

And as an additional question who do you hope will win?

Cheers

May 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 495
My teams in order of preference are:

USA - home country
Germany - second home country
Spain - good friend from there, and I like the way they play (They are technically better than Germany..so I voted for them)

Edit:  I also like watching the Oranje, and I guess they would be my 4th favorite.

May 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 495
I think England is going to win, it's a good team coached by one of the best manager there is,  what i'm certain of is Italy won't win the cup for the second time in a row, sadly.

May 20, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 495
My favourite is portugal but Brazil has the class of spain and the power of germany, then they will win because they now have a coach that play like they are italian (defensive) and in the end they are Brazil

I think spain won't do well in this world cup, they are small and in the world cup there is more muscle than in euro!

May 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 495
I have voted for England, but do not tell anyone else in Scotland or else I will get a kicking!

May 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 495
well don't know what happened, When I started watching football scotland would go to world cup and euros, now they don't go anywhere, british airways doesn't fly there? they could book ryanair, lolloololool

May 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 495
I think Spain is the strongest and the deepest squad, they won Euro 2006, and a lot of Spanish players are doing big things all over Europe, (don't leave, Fabregas!).  And I wouldn't say the Wold Cup is more physical than the Euros, besides, a lot of Barcelona players deal well with physical / perceived physical play.  I would be very careful even trying to touch a player like Xavi, he might go down.  Looking forward to seeing the Netherlands too, they have a good squad, and Robben and Sneijder are doing big things in Europe, so that can only be good for the Netherlands.  I'd like to see a confident display from the Netherlands, because they have the talent.  I wouldn't say they are favorites though.
Argentina?  England?  Come on guys!  Some big question marks there.  Especially Argentina, they may have the best player in the world, but that's it.  I mean, on the big stage; they have decent players, but that's it.

May 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 495
Hey, who do you guys think will be in the 10 spot for Spain?  That's an interesting question.  Well I guess it would depend on Del Bosque's personality, I'm guessing Xavi, but I would love to see Fabregas given the keys.  Even in Euro 2006, he was given more and more time as the tournament wore on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back