Who will win the FIFA world cup?
May 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #16 of 495
France! Been supporting france for so long, though spain looks strong this year. 

Either way i don't really think that south korea would get a chance to win the world cup, definitely not north korea, since south > north. If south korea ever win the world cup, it would be sick though.

May 21, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 495

Quote:
Too bad they're probably not going to be able to play South Korea.

No doubt, that would be a "fun" match.

I'm not the biggest football fan save for once year, and of course for the Cup. U.S. will be my chief rooting interest; England my secondary.

All my football friends say Spain is the team to beat, which has led me to predict the winner will be any team other than Spain.

I look forward to lurking the football threads.

May 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 495
Less than 3 weeks away and with one of the first games USA vs England I think its going to get a lot of people watching who otherwise wouldn't. I would like to see USA do well but being British my heart is with England, I'll be watching the first game with some US friends so it should be fun!

I think Brazil will do well, there hosting the world cup in 2014 I believe. Argentina have Messi, enough said there... France always good, strong defence, Germany, Italy... anyone of the top teams could win really

May 21, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 495
Argentina would win with ease if they had a decent manager, but they havent so I voted Brazil. Spain will choke as usual, England has a decent shot for a change, Germany will do good as always, Netherlands will disappoint as always, Italy's selection was awesome 4 years ago but now they are too old and France and Portugal are just one big meh. Ghana and US will not win, but will do well.

May 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 495
England has little chance of winning.  they can't take on spain, netherlands, portugal, brazil or argentina.

its Spain's cup to lose.  my dream final is spain vs netherlands.  best two sides in the world right now on paper.

May 21, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 495

Quote:
France! Been supporting france for so long, though spain looks strong this year. 

Either way i don't really think that south korea would get a chance to win the world cup, definitely not north korea, since south > north. If south korea ever win the world cup, it would be sick though.

I would love for S. Korea to win the Cup, but I agree.  I doubt it won't happen.  Though I have to admit I was excited they placed 4th in 2002.  I'm hoping they make it to 3rd next.

Either way, I'm rooting for England (loads of buddies from there).  I may be American and Korea is my the land of my birth, but come on, let's be realistic about America's chances.

May 22, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #23 of 495
England have just won the 20/20 cricket world cup, so becoming the only country to have won cricket, rugby and football world cups. That is quite an achievement for such a small country, which technically speaking is not actually a country.

May 22, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 495
England  shouldnt be on that list because it will never win*(hiding to save my life).*
i think it will be between spain and Germany.But i hope portugal wins because i love the way they play.

May 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #25 of 495
Surprised that no one has mentioned that Germany's team captain, Ballack, won't be playing in the WC.  I'm not sure what to expect from Germany yet.  I think much of how they do will hinge on replacing Ballack, and how well the goal keeper plays.

May 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #27 of 495
I agree, I support team England and I don't think they have a good chance of winning the world cup.  However i'll still be sporting the jersey come World Cup time. 

May 22, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #28 of 495
On an unrelated note I was just watching the UEFA final, and holy s*** was that Nike commercial pretty impressive. Definitely worth a watch. Wow, no swear filter on the new Head-Fi, gotta keep that in mind when writing posts now.

May 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #29 of 495
Quote:
England  shouldnt be on that list because it will never win*(hiding to save my life).*

Well England lost to the likes of this famous handball know as "Hand of God" in 1986 by Diego Maradona, this cocaine addict is now manager of Argentina. I hope England plays them and serves them a well deserved beating.

May 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #30 of 495
Quote:
On an unrelated note I was just watching the UEFA final, and holy crap was that Nike commercial pretty impressive. Definitely worth a watch.

Ye that commercial was insane! It went on and on!

Their best is this one tho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ae3tFI8wXE :p

And also sad to see how Cambiasso ruled midfield in tonights match, but wont be playing in the world cup :f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back