Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jun 11, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #62 of 495
Netherlands will cruise through the group stage to lose to Slovakia or the like in the playoffs.

England is not strong enough defensively.

France is too old, too dependent on Ribery plus their coach is an idiot.

Spain is almost too obvious to take the title.

Argentina is coached by Maradona and I think he is not the best of coaches plus the Argentina midfield doesn't support Messi as well as Barca does. He seems left alone sometimes.

Germany seems to lack real men for when the going gets tough. First time ever that I have not the faintest of hopes for them

Italy is too old and too dependent on Pirlo.

Brazil lacks real/typical Brazilians to have a chance. Brazil cannot win like Italy, hence the yon't win.

Before Drogba was injured, I thought Ivory Coast might come out a surprise winner. Without him, though, there is no chance really.

So - Spain it is. But, as I said, that is probably too easy a choice.

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #66 of 495
I am happy for South Africa.  Based on first half performance I would say they didn't deserve a draw, but they played hard the second half, and Mexico looked to be getting tired.  That SA goal was pretty sweet too. 

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #67 of 495
South Korea played well against Greece. I really like their style - confident and lightning fast on attacks. I was surprised at how well Nigeria played - especially their goalkeeper of course. Argentina began loosing composure in the second half IMO.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #68 of 495
Germany killed Australia.  Yea the red card was unfair, and yea it really didn't matter.  Total K.O.  Deutschland!! Sieg, Sieg, Sieg!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #71 of 495
Germany impressed me, for the first time in years.

Holland didn't impress at all, imo.

It's usually the other way around in the early stages of a tournament. Germany tends to do better in the knock-out phase, so let's hope that's the other way around as well :p

I wonder what the reigning world champion will do tonight ...

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #72 of 495
Shouldn't someone stay back and orchestrate for the Netherlands?  I thought that was Sneijder's job.  He's way too quick to join in the attack, he should be making sure that things are going smoothly by being available to the strikers.

Jun 15, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #74 of 495

Quote:

:D

Just horrible, I agree

This image is hilarious, but I luvvvv the vuvuzelas!! The South Africans are "puttin' their stank" on the Cup. To quote Gil Scott-Heron: "What's the word? Johannesburg!!"
atsmile.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #75 of 495

Quote:
Shouldn't someone stay back and orchestrate for the Netherlands?  I thought that was Sneijder's job.  He's way too quick to join in the attack, he should be making sure that things are going smoothly by being available to the strikers.

Van Bommel should be the controlling midfielder. Sneijder is an attacking midfielder but should indeed be masterminding the attack. The main problem yesterday is that Van der Vaart doesn't have any depth and likes to cut inside when he is positioned left. Also, Van Persie fall's back too deep sometimes. That's why it got a bit crowded on Sneijder's '10' spot. Things changed when players with more depth entered the pitch. Disappointing game nonetheless.

So far the Group favourites didn't live up to their status. France, England, Netherlands and Italy didn't impress. But it's still early in the tournament so anything can still happen. I wonder what will happen in ' the group of death' today...

I tried to blow a Vuvuzela yesterday, it's quite exhausting. So even if it's annoying you have to give the south africans some credit that they can keep making that noise for 90 minutes
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back