Who will win the FIFA world cup?
Jul 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #421 of 495
I think all football - heck all games in general - should be played like there's nothing to loose in order not to allow emotions to interfere with skill. And really - what is there to loose? There will always be another World Cup - always another chance. I think people who get emotional over games are just showing immature behavior. A mature person won't get emotional over something silly like this. So I say, let's end this useless discussion and move on!

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #422 of 495

Quote:
It was Uruguay NOT Paraguay, quite different when it comes to football.

I think it should be obvious - that was just a typo.

Quote:
wizia said:

Paraguay right

crap happens Netherlands, ****ing dirty losers.

Best team won the WC.

confused_face.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #424 of 495
Netherlands were dirty losers? Iniesta was pathetic that entire game. Faking pain and falling every two seconds. The ref's terrible calls didn't help either. I'm not saying Spain was bad at all. The Netherlands had a few chances to win but overall Spain played way better. But the ref was terrible, and iniesta was a terrible sport. I hate that he got the only goal. person deserved to get headbutted by Zidane 
angry_face.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #425 of 495
I hope it weren't adults who cried.

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #426 of 495

Quote:
I think it should be obvious - that was just a typo.  

It's ONLY a typo when you don't know about football. When you do know a bit, this type of typo just doesn't happen.

As for the rest of your comments re: sport I have no comment, but I'll just say this, though: I believe there's far too much silliness/ stupidity in sport in general. I'm not so sure there isn't more silliness/ stupidity in HI-Fi/ Head-Fi

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #427 of 495
"The teams created few clear chances in normal time at Soccer City but the game opened up slightly after a cagey opening hour in which the Netherlands broke up Spain’s attempts to get its famous passing game going with physical play that brought the Dutch eight yellow cards.
Defender John Heitinga got a red card in the 19th minute of extra time to become only the fifth man to be sent off in a World Cup final.
With Spain also collecting five yellow cards, the final yellow card count beat the previous record of six in the 1986 final between Argentina and West Germany and made the final the dirtiest of all time."

lol

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #428 of 495

Quote:

It's ONLY a typo when you don't know about football. When you do know a bit, this type of typo just doesn't happen.

As for the rest of your comments re: sport I have no comment, but I'll just say this, though: I believe there's far too much silliness/ stupidity in sport in general. I'm not so sure there isn't more silliness/ stupidity in HI-Fi/ Head-Fi

Sorry, could you please explain what you mean here? I don't understand.

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #433 of 495

Quote:
Puyol should have seen second yellow or straight red for fouling Robben when he was through on goal. Remind me who runs FIFA's refereeing committee again?

My sentiments exactly. For calling what was an overly tight game generally, he really dropped the ball on that. Also, anyone notice that a goal kick was awarded after the Netherlands had that free kick deflected away? Strange call...

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #434 of 495

Quote:
That's like saying you meant England instead of Switzerland.

mad.gif
Like honestly, what's wrong with you people? I do mix Uruguay and Paraguay sometimes and I don't see anything wrong with that. And no it is not the same as mixing up two countries whose name ends with "land", because there are lots of countries with names that end like that, but there are no others that end with "guay," besides Paraguay and Uruguay (if I am not mistaken - sorry, I am not strong at Geography)
redface.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #435 of 495
I know the two teams are different but you shouldn't tear Pianist a new one for a slight mess up. I mean come on. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back