Who wants to help me out with a situation about a girl?
Oct 22, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #16 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha it's only her face I focus on. Probably because she reminds me of another girl-friend I have (see, difference between girl-friend and girlfriend, m'kay). And I'd have to ship my girlfriend here from six hours away, which I don't think is going to happen any time soon.

And my girlfriends is pretty chill with me and other girls; she said as long as the other girls know I have a girlfriend ahead of time, it's fine.
tongue.gif

so that's a yes for threesome? gluck!

Quote:

I think I should too, but methinks in person would be a bit too oncoming and thus awkward.

This is going to sound so lame, but do you think it'd be a good icebreaker if I just casually add her on Facebook?
redface.gif

a natural way to break the ice would be to ask quick questions about the course you guys are taking together. then rip on how prof's hair looks ridiculous and complain about how much you hate that lecture.

I stray away from facebook wall-to-wall convos, since they don't mean anything - I had more meaningful conversation (or chat) my msn - it's more discreet ( vs facebook's : hey! how are you! -----Oh I'm good, and you? -> pointless)
I would stay away from stalkerbook -uhh- facebook, for now, add her after you guys had a quick chat.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #17 of 86
Quote:

but do you think it'd be a good icebreaker if I just casually add her on Facebook?

Definitely not.
I've heard a lot of tactics mentioned here, but really in my experience creating an elaborate plan to make something appear natural only works for a very very few people. Those are the people who could win Oscars. Before you get too carried away ask yourself if you're that good an actor.
If not just be spontaneous and honest.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #18 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not.
I've heard a lot of tactics mentioned here, but really in my experience creating an elaborate plan to make something appear natural only works for a very very few people. Those are the people who could win Oscars. Before you get too carried away ask yourself if you're that good an actor.
If not just be spontaneous and honest.

I'm twitchy, impulsive, and honest; I think that's close enough.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #19 of 86
Dude without being a spaz, you have to act like where you are, that is the place to be. You are always near her so it will be easy. Also be something she can't get anywhere else (by being yourself), but be the thing she would like to have right now. Then see where it goes? Getting girls is easy, women are a little more tricky
confused_face.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #20 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude without being a spaz, you have to act like where you are, that is the place to be. You are always near her so it will be easy. Also be something she can't get anywhere else (by being yourself), but be the thing she would like to have right now. Then see where it goes? Getting girls is easy, women are a little more tricky
confused_face.gif

Haha I'm not trying to seduce her, just trying to break the ice with her.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #21 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Maybe she thinks you like her. Go clear it up, say you're just really weird and only want to be friends. Then whip it out.

works every time

Only if you are wearing SEX PANTHER By ODEON!

sexpantherze1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 86
I wouldn't add her on facebook, if you're nervous and your intentions seem good then I think it would be best to tell her face to face, to show her you're sincere. What do you think will really happen? I seriously doubt a girl confronted with "I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, I accidently stare off when I'm thinking. I hope you didn't think it meant anything. I think you're interesting and I want to be your friend." or something along those lines would scream and run off. I personally am very impressed with people who say what they mean and say it to my face and not on AIM or a text message.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #23 of 86
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that you don't want this girl. Either stick with your current girlfriend and loose the awkwardness or end it and focus your attention on this girl you are enamored with.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #24 of 86
Quote:

Haha I'm not trying to seduce her, just trying to break the ice with her.
smily_headphones1.gif

like,

you: " hi"
her: "um hi?"
you:" so...whats up?"
her: "umm not much"
you: "um so..I know we never talk, but I just want to...I LOOOVEEE YOU!!!" ( start sobbing and then start bawling hysterically)

so is this how it's going to go down?

So stick to the game plan, and remember link youtube link back to us.

cheers
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #25 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that you don't want this girl. Either stick with your current girlfriend and loose the awkwardness or end it and focus your attention on this girl you are enamored with.

I'm pretty sure he's trying to set up a three-way

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #26 of 86
Bring your laptop to class, and show her this thread that you created about the situation. When she sees your first post, she'll think, "Oh, what a sweet guy," which is exactly what you want her to be thinking - that you're sensitive to her feelings of awkwardness, and that in fact you feel as though you've been the cause of that, but that you don't want her to feel awkward around you anymore.

Then she'll start to giggle and give you a little punch on the arm, as she settles into the thread, or at least tries to. But you'll get nervous and pull the laptop away from her! Ah, but to no avail, because before you see her again at the next class, she will have joined Head-Fi, looked up the thread, and maybe even posted a couple of times about how she knows a similar girl who knows a similar guy, who thinks he's alright.

She'll also see that you already have a girlfriend and that you are planning to be open with her about that so that your girlfriend will be Ok about you having her as a girl-friend. She'll like that too, that you're an honest and faithful type of guy, both of which are qualities that she's looking for. But she'll tell you (like you would like to tell her) that she only wants you as a friend as well.

Now here's where it gets good. She'll be lying about wanting to be just friends, just like you are! She'll also know that your girlfriend is 6 hours away, so she'll be able to move in on you any time she wants to, so long as she doesn't make you think that's what she's doing. Then one day, she'll whip it out, or whip them out or whatever, and you'll faint. End of story.

So if you really want her, tell her lies! Lie about everything. Turn your cell phone off when you're near to her, in case the other one calls. Tell her that you can't help but to stare at her because she's so beautiful. Don't tell her that she reminds you of another girl-friend who is not your girlfriend, and whatever you do, don't tell her that you stare at guys too! Even if you're not staring at them that way, it won't sound good no matter how you might say it, especially since you're a self-admitted awkward type.

In other words, it's not flattering to a girl to hear how she looks like another girl who you think of just as another girl, and even less so to hear how she reminds you of some dude!

But from experience, it doesn't make sense to wait for her to whip it (or them or whatever) out. You've got to whip it out yourself! You can say, "Sorry, I was just trying to break the ice."

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #27 of 86
Quote:

Yes, I'm sure some members will have a ball with this topic, and that's half the point here. The other half is to make sure that there's a working answer out of all the mayhem.
biggrin.gif

So there's a girl in one of my classes that I like. As in, I'm interested in. Not that way some of you are already thinking about, just a "I want to know you and talk to you more" thing. She's friends with many of my friends, but when we're near each other, it's always awkward. Probably because I've admittedly been staring at her a few times and she caught me.
frown.gif

Better explain that to her, like as soon as possible. But don't open a conversation with it. After getting the pleasantries out of the way, apologize for "staring" and explain why she might have taken it awkwardly.

We talk really short comments that last only a few seconds, and even then it's really awkward.

Ask her about her interests, tell her some interesting, but short, facts/stories (the more universal, the better). Or break the tension with something funny/amusing.

(I'm going to break the world record for using "awkward" so many times at this rate)

Point is, I don't want this awkwardness to keep creating a social gap between us. I've had it happen with other people in the past (guys and girls), and it really never gets solved, and this feeling is just too weird every time we're near each other.

What exactly did you do? It may help in figuring that out and just avoiding doing what you did before.

And since it's film class here, we need to be able to get along with as many people as possible for connections to future jobs and whatnot.

So yeah, tell me what I should try out to make this work before we lapse into silence with each other because we can't understand each other.

Well, maybe try to understand her. Like I said, ask about interests.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.
redface.gif

P.S. As some of you know, I already have a girlfriend, so no funny stuff, y'hear? No shenanigans!

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #28 of 86
Nothing good ever comes of a three way. Well, except for that one night of pure bliss. Except for that.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Holy um, damn swear filter, you get the idea. Excellent post Wayne. I just spit JD on my coffee table.
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #29 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing good ever comes of a three way. Well, except for that one night of pure bliss. Except for that.
tongue.gif

or few nights...

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #30 of 86
Okay wow, I go to quickly update TF2, come back and naturally there's a mess of posts that have arrived.

NO, I'm not trying to set up a threesome. She is from NorCal as well though, which is interesting. I don't know why I paired those two sentences up in this one paragraph. "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

COULD this situation be a byproduct of not seeing my girlfriend for three months? Maybe, but seriously, loyalty is hard for people to come by these days, and I plan to stick to it.

Gatto's recent post explains it best. I need to get that whole "staring" and "eye flirting" thing (you know, where you catch the other person looking and you both look away) out of the way before any positive social progress is made, but how to do it causally yet eloquently, I have no clue.

I would follow Wmcmanus' idea...well, perhaps with a few edits here and there.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back