Who said Grado's were Ugly!?
May 27, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #46 of 62
Wow those are probably the best looking rs-1s I have seen posted here before. Unfortunaltly I don't think I will ever have $700 to go to headphones. Its too bad the didn't make all their headphones out of wood like that.

May 27, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #47 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor1189
Wow those are probably the best looking rs-1s I have seen posted here before. Unfortunaltly I don't think I will ever have $700 to go to headphones. Its too bad the didn't make all their headphones out of wood like that.

I don't think I will have $700 for cans either. But the posibility of scraping up $200 less for RS-2s made of the same wood, is not totally out of the question!
rs1smile.gif

May 28, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #49 of 62
I have to agree that Grados look ugly. They are ugly, they have an ugly design and I think the wood Grado uses is not too nice looking either. Open grain, not too well finished and a cheesy looking cheap headband. Yes they are indeed ugly. As to the studio shots, in the right lighting, anything can be made to look cool and sexy... though in the cold light of day they are still ugly.
tongue.gif

May 28, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #52 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
If you post equally beautiful photos of MS2i; I will certainly NOT enjoy!!

My wife will see to it that I do NOT enjoy for a long, long, long long, time!

Gorgeous shots!!
smily_headphones1.gif

oh, they're out there. don't dare us to use the search engine! some of the nicest grado photos out there are of the MS-2 and MS-2i
evil_smiley.gif

May 28, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
oh, they're out there. don't dare us to use the search engine! some of the nicest grado photos out there are of the MS-2 and MS-2i
evil_smiley.gif

I'd have to agree. There was someone a while ago, (I forget who exactly), who took some beautiful shots of the MS-2is. Even though I have no need for them, they were good enough for me to check the prices of a used pair...

May 28, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #54 of 62
Very true, guys; lots of good shots of MS-2s, some of them my favorites, with 414s.

Ran copies of them long ago! Part of the "pros of this, cons of that" mug shots of those guilty of putting my wallet in geopardy!!

Even found some good ones of pre "i" MS2s done by a pro in a portfolio of photographs of various subjects!

Very photogenic cans at that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Wouldn't mind a few more good shots "suitable for framing"!!!

EDIT: As a matter of fact, a few weeks back I broke forum protocol by resurecting a "Share the love" thread about MS-2s so I could access the photos more easily!! Oops! Me bad.
frown.gif

May 28, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #56 of 62
Some quite stunningly beautiful pictures there, I'm now using one as my desktop, where it has replaced the long established WW1 navy fleet. I personally find the RS-1 a gorgeous headphone, likewise for the metal Grados, but then I'm not renound for having the greatest taste in headphone aesthetics.

May 28, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #57 of 62
Not all Grados are ugly. MS2 and RS1 are beautiful headphones. I don't know why some people call it ugly.
The plastic, black version ones (SR60, 80, etc), yes they are ugly.

But not MS2 or RS1, they are beuatiful.
The wooden RS1s (providing it's properly made
icon10.gif
) IMO look classy.
MS2 (I don't really like the new, golden-finish MS2i) : Has a very stylish look to it. Black and silver colours go well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back