Who said Grado's were Ugly!?
Jan 3, 2006 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Recently there has been much discussion around the issue that is the RS-1. It seems Grado has had some changing company priorities, it is getting very hard to find a well-constructed pair of RS-1's. This issue seems to be in the most recent RS-1's, serial 27** and higher (click here). I think i was blessed by the Grado Gods when i received my pair, it seems to be the last of the professionally constructed RS-1's.

I put my RS-1's up for sale, "the last flawless pair" lol. For the headphone picture fanatics, i said i would repost the pictures in this thread. I have fixed the gamma for viewing on a PC monitor (instead of mac). Also, i have added the SUPERHIREZBBQBEEFHIPHOPTILLYOUDONTSTOPBROCCOLLIBEE F versions of the images (3072x2048!)- just click on any of the pictures below to bring up their high-rez version (warning: they are up to 3MB each).

Also, i have uploaded .zip collections of the hi-rez images, their are versions for both Mac and PC computers (i never forget my fellow mac brethren)- links for these files are below the photos.

CLICK HERE for the WINDOWS version .zip collection of the photos (gamma at 1.22 windows standard gamma)

CLICK HERE for the MACINTOSH version .zip collection of the photos (gamma at 1 macintosh standard gamma)

Rhydon

Jan 3, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 62
There is a jealous part of me, that likes that fact that I got my RS-1s over the summer and they are in very good condition. Makes the old RS-1s have more value.
very_evil_smiley.gif
But then this is another part of me feels bad for people who get new RS-1s that arent as good done.
mad.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #9 of 62
thanks, I am saving all this pic. If I ever receive a Grado RS1 that is not up to this level, I will definitely return my RS1 along with these pictures, and tell them that I expect this kinda built quality.

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #10 of 62
Wow - what timing. I was just thinking, "Why did they make Grados so ugly?!" Of course I was thinking SR125 -> SR60. The images you have RS-1 look high-end, hand-crafted and cool. But the ones I mentioned are quite ugly. Plastic never looks as good as wood.

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Dude what camera do you have?

I am using a Canon Digital Rebel (the older version). Honestly its a garbage camera. I saw some pics from my friends Nikon and holy smokes now thats a camera! The Rebel is good, but for the money, i wouldnt touch anything Canon with a 10 foot pole. I just dont like them. (BTW the camera was a gift lol, i wouldnt of bought something i didnt like)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Shouldn't these pictures be in your "for sale" thread? It seems like you're expanding your advertising

Wolfen68, the sale has finished. The RS-1's were sold. I was asked by many individuals to post higher resolution pictures after the sale had completed, as well as being told many people used them as desktop pics on their computers. I told those who were interested that i would move this to the headphone thread so all could have access.

But i think its HOW you take the pictures that matters, not what you use. I used a number of tricks to acheive the look in the shots. Also, The Canon is a more film like digital camera, sacrificing detail for color tones.

Also i wanted to post this thread to keep people aware of the art that is the RS-1. The pictures that people usually take for them just dont do justice to the beauty of a wooden headphone. I wanted to show all that can be shown, do the RS-1 what it deserves. It seems to be getting a bad rap lately.

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #14 of 62
i didn't want to post in your for sale thread but now i can say that those are some great pictures. i agree with you, the rs1/2 are beautiful. there's only so much you can do with plastic but you can never match the natural beauty of wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back