Who owns more than one headphone amp and why?
Jan 13, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #46 of 52
I originally went for the GSP Solo as my first amp, but while I was waiting for the order to come through, I spotted a secondhand RA-1 and decided that it would go well with my SR-325. The Solo arrives and it matches brilliantly with the Senn HD600 but not so much the SR-325, which was OK because naturally the Grado RA-1 takes care of it. Ripper!

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #47 of 52

- MAD HD (built from scratch, is a spare)
- MAD Purist (modded to HD, and then some)
- HeadRoom Home

i use the Home as a base for the MAD, so that when the
CDs fall over they hit it, and not the tubes.

Jan 13, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #48 of 52
Singlepower Maestro
RS HR-2
RS SR-71 (for portability and SACD 2 channel livingroom hookup)

Why you ask?
I guess the same reason you need a wife and a girlfriend. You can't make love to the same "panama canal", for 20 years.
Just kidding, my wife's the best...and she makes brownies.

Jan 14, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #49 of 52
I own two headphone amps. I own a Total Airhead and an SR-71. I bought the Airhead and saw what a great difference a headphone amp can make and bought the SR-71 about two months later. I never use the Airhead anymore. Actually, I only used it maybe five times. Maybe it will be useful when I get my new iPod Shuffle...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Why you ask?
I guess the same reason you need a wife and a girlfriend. You can't make love to the same "panama canal", for 20 years.
Just kidding, my wife's the best...and she makes brownies.

She really is the best, Aaron. I should quote this in my next email to her to get you in trouble, pal! Maybe you can send me some of the next batch of her brownies (the ones with frosting on top) as a bribe for my silence...

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
She really is the best, Aaron. I should quote this in my next email to her to get you in trouble, pal! Maybe you can send me some of the next batch of her brownies (the ones with frosting on top) as a bribe for my silence...

I am reading an awful lot about these brownies. I think maybe it's time for a headfi bake off. My daughters cinamon cake against immtbiker's wife's brownies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back