Who is the richest HeadFier?
Mar 15, 2003 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

daffa

Head-Fier
After looking at some of the member' audio gears (headphone related), I am curious who is the richest member here. I mean who has the most valuables and expensive gear in his inventory and really bought them (from NEW), not on loan from somebody else or buy USED. Whose head is the most expensive here?
I have seen from the profiles that members possessing a lot of headphone gears also have Sony R10 as well as expensive CDP/DAC. But I did not see many own STAX and the Orpheus.

Mar 15, 2003 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 26
Personally, with recent posts it is clear that tuberoller is the "richest" head-Fier. This has nothing to do with the amount of equipment he owns but the amount of things he has shared with this and the other communities he is a part of.

I know, sappy, but what can I say
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 26
It ain't me..
smily_headphones1.gif
Try .. umm .. bah. I dunno.. but it isn't me, so if any of you "rich" Head-Fi'ers want to contribute to my cause... lemme know.. I accept PayPal with no fee!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

And yeah.. good call morphsci.. In the end, it really doesn't matter how much equipment/money/etc. you've got.. but what kind of person you've been to those around you. Tuberoller's a great example of that.
cool.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by morphsci
Personally, with recent posts it is clear that tuberoller is the "richest" head-Fier. This has nothing to do with the amount of equipment he owns but the amount of things he has shared with this and the other communities he is a part of.

That was my first thought too.

The gear you have is not an indication of wealth. It is an indication of priority. Anybody that makes over $40,000 a year could afford an R10 if it was enough of a priorty. They do cost less than new car.

Mar 15, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 26
Well, I bought a HeadRoom Max 2 months ago, and I am definitely not "Rich". In fact; In reality, I can't afford it. But, I won't be using that credit card for a very long time now.

Reason why I bought the Max: I was "wasting" too much money buying too many different Amps and Headphones that were much lesser priced and was never satisfied.

Now, I can upgrade "around" the Max; and most of all, the Max has all the features and capabilities I always wanted in a Headphone Amp.

So; right now; I'm one of the "Poorest" Head-Fiers with one of the Best Headphone Amps.

Mar 15, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 26
I'm certainly not wealthy but I am rich.I have friends like you guys
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by morphsci

I know, sappy, but what can I say
biggrin.gif

If you consider the amount of posts generated regarding his later health condition, and the amount of cards and flowers received in the hospital, maybe he will not be a rich guy, money talking, but with this amount of friends, why the hell does he need the money for???? He is a very rich man!!!!

Mar 15, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
biggrin.gif

Well said Fred!
biggrin.gif

Me personally? Well... I was the second member in 'Team Broke'... so that tells you a story really doesn't it
wink.gif

...An Avatar paints a thousand words
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #11 of 26
well.... define rich...

i spend most of my money on cars
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 6:23 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
biggrin.gif

Excellent post...there are things much more important than material wealth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 7:38 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Xecter

i spend most of my money on cars
biggrin.gif

Me too! That is, when I actually have a car (see my profile).

Mar 15, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #15 of 26
I had me a cat once. I seemed to get along with 'er until she got slow 'n' creaky 'n' muh other friends in the Home failed to recognize 'er one day 'n' besides, I think that to her, I was just a meal ticket 'n' a grizzled thang to rub up against when 'er psoriasis kicked up.

Rich? Well sir, compared to a corpse in Micronesia, I guess I am. Well, I do got muh good eye 'n' muh KSC-35 plugged into the clock radio (had to sell the rest of muh stuff for terminal care cash 'n' all) and muh one friend to push my wheelcair when 'e's not resting. Plus one guy in the rec room said he'd miss me when I kick, if he wadn't talkin' to someone else. Well, I gotta go now, OK then? Nnn-bye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back