Who Is the Greatest NFL Quarterback of All Time?
Jan 27, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #61 of 73
Obviously rings aren't the only measure. But they matter. What makes bradshaw a better QB than montana isn't the same # of rings, it's that bradshaw ran the show. Montana did what he was told.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #62 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to be old, but you probably should at least watch a few nfl films or something. When most replies are "I never saw most of these guys play"...

That's exactly why I love this thread so much. It makes me want to watch some old NFL films.

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #63 of 73
Vince Young will be the greatest NFL QB of all time.
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #64 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was a fumble.

tuck_rule.jpg

We Michigan fans call it karma:

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.tournamentofroses.com
1979 - USC 17 Michigan 10
The touchdown that gives USC its winning margin is a disputed one by Charles White who is stripped of the ball by Ron Simpkins while attempting to cross the goal line with Michigan's Mark Braman recovering on the one. It is ruled a touchdown even though many observers feel White crossed the goal line but the ball didn't.

Single worst call in NCAA history up until Colorado's 5 downs. There is a picture hanging in Schembechler Hall that shows Charles White in mid-air, just crossing the goal line, with the ball, on the ground, at the 2 yard line.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #65 of 73
I voted for Johnny U, but there are still a couple of great ones not on the list.

In my mind, the most notable omission was Sonny Jurgensen.

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #66 of 73
Quote:

Here's a list:
Bradshaw, Montana: 4
Aikman, Brady: 3
Elway, Griese, Plunkett, Starr, Staubach: 2
Dawson, Dilfer, Favre, Hostetler, Johnson, McMahon, Namath, Rothlisberger, Rypian, Simms, Stabler, Theismann, Unitas, Warner, Williams, Young: 1

Plunkett wasn't even on the list!! He should be just because of the enormous size of his head.
And,oh yeah, it was a fumble that made Brady what he is.

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #67 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously rings aren't the only measure. But they matter. What makes bradshaw a better QB than montana isn't the same # of rings, it's that bradshaw ran the show. Montana did what he was told.

Awwww, now I'll never be great. My wife runs the show, I just do as I'm told.

Jan 27, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #70 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for Johnny U, but there are still a couple of great ones not on the list.

In my mind, the most notable omission was Sonny Jurgensen.

Creme de la creme:

Bradshaw, Elway, Marino, Montana, Namath,Tarkenton, Unitas, Graham, ...

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #71 of 73
How on earth does Farve have more votes than Bradshaw?? That's not right. Farve might be the best on this list at throwing INTs but that's about it.

I voted for Montana but my top three would be
1. Montana
2. Bradshaw
3. Johnny U

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #72 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by nep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wanted to vote brady, but he didnt convince me over the course of this playoffs

I didn't vote him as my number one, but judging him, in any significant way, on this years playoffs is somewhat unfair. His current core of recievers is worse than mediocre. All of his top guys are gone. He had an impossible task, and sometimes tried to overcome that with results that happen when you are in that situation. I was relatively amazed that anyone could even get this New England team to the championship game.

JC

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #73 of 73
... in the regular season, playoffs and Super Bowl XLI.

Who's the greatest ever?

Some quarterbacks who did not make to the top 19:

Baugh Sammy (1937 - 1952)
Dawson Len (1957 - 1975)
Jurgensen Sonny (1957 - 1974)
Luckman Sid (1939 - 1950)
Theisman Joe (1974 - 1985)
Title Y. A. (1948 - 1964)

None of the above can make to the TOP THREE, sorry!
So we've got 25 Top quarterbaks.
As some of you have noted one could have more names like: Stabler Ken, Plunkett Jim, ... etc.

See you on the Greatest Quarterbak's
blink.gif
Side of the Moon

P.S.
Joe Montana knew back then that he would have won our Poll and that's why he raised his hands up!

montana_TD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back