Who is the best : drummer in the world?
Apr 7, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #47 of 122
Harvey Mason deserves a mention.

Billy Kilson as well, what a drummer!

Anyone know what happened to the fine US drummer, Buddy Williams?

Apr 7, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #50 of 122
Moon the Loon from the Who.

Thats Keith Moon for those that didn't know. Shame on you !
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #52 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by xtreme4099
THE ONE AND ONLY !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

muppets-animal.jpg

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

...and ya know, Keith Moon was the inspiration for Animal. TRUE!

Apr 10, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #53 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by Gouki
Is this accurate ?

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/vo...sult-5244.html

ohn fishman (phish)
Neil Peart
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
travis barker
Mike Portnoy
doc (vader)
Danny Carey
Lars Ulrich
Dave Grohl (Nirvana and Foo Fighters)
chad smith
Joey Jordison
Travis Barker (blink182)
Keith Moon(The Who)
Danney Carey
wally gulden
Proscriptor McGovern
Ring Starr
Nicholas Barker
Phill Collins during the Peter Gabriel era Genesis
buddy rich
Jungbauer Leopold
Ringo Starr
carter bufford
Cozy Powell
TRAVIS BARKER (blink182/boxcar racer)
Jhon Bonham
Dave Lombardo
The janitor
Hellhammer (Mayhem etc)
Alex Van Halen
Carter Beauford
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theatre)
Dan Kropewnicki (TORRID)
Carl Palmer
Roger Taylor (Queen)
Jimmy Chamberlain - Smashing Pumpkins
Dave Ghrol (Foo Fighters, Nirvana, QOTSA)
Joey Jordanson (SLIPKNOT!)
Nicko McBrain
Vinnie Colaiuta
Chad Sexton
john bonham

No, that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever read. Hahaha, vinnie colaiuta is way down the list, pathetic. That vote is about as accurate as saying pavarotti doesn't sing as good as johnny rotten. Vinnie can take any of those drummers gigs and clean up bigtime but they couldn't reciprocate. Steve gadd is not even on the list I don't think, what a joke. Chambers and weckl also in the same league as vinnie. Nicko McBrain ahead of vinnie, LOL.

Apr 10, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #54 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by DRuM
No, that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever read. Hahaha, vinnie colaiuta is way down the list, pathetic. That vote is about as accurate as saying pavarotti doesn't sing as good as johnny rotten. Vinnie can take any of those drummers gigs and clean up bigtime but they couldn't reciprocate. Steve gadd is not even on the list I don't think, what a joke. Chambers and weckl also in the same league as vinnie. Nicko McBrain ahead of vinnie, LOL.

The people who took part in that vote have obviously not much idea what a good drummer is. Do you know, some people rate a drummer on how "fast" he can drum..... what a crock of bull that is. Bloody hell Ringo star even made it into that list
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #55 of 122
Hey pinky! Haha, so true, so true.
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #56 of 122
Ah, what the hell..... I'll throw Yes's Alan White in there since he never gets any respect. he's not the flashest drummer (sometimes he's outright bland), but he's does have great 'feel' for the music. Relayer and Drama are 2 albums he really shines on. Also, look for any boots from the 75-77 era with Moraz on keys.

Apr 13, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #57 of 122
Wow, the difference between pros and fans is simply amazing. All the musicians, producers and engineers I know seem to come to two pre-eminent rock drummers. One of whom was (kind of) mentioned once. The two are Kenny Aronow from John Mellencamp's band, and Max Weinberg from Bruce Springsteen's band.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board has even heard of Kenny Aronow or if anyone knows Max Weinberg from anything other than being Conan O'Brien's music director.

Apr 13, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #59 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by dmkozak
Wow, the difference between pros and fans is simply amazing. All the musicians, producers and engineers I know seem to come to two pre-eminent rock drummers. One of whom was (kind of) mentioned once. The two are Kenny Aronson from John Mellencamp's band, and Max Weinberg from Bruce Springsteen's band.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board has even heard of Kenny Aronson or if anyone knows Max Weinberg from anything other than being Conan O'Brien's music director.

Kenny was teriffic when he was in John Mellencamp's band. Kenny and Max are great pure rock drummers, however they have the chops to play any style of music thrown at them. Billy Joel's Liberty DeVito's is another exceptional rock drummer that can play anything he wants to, and he's exciting to watch.

Apr 15, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #60 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by eyeteeth
Martin Lopez-Opeth-(Best in the world? No idea, My world is smallish).

Speed:Tomas Haake- Meshuggah

... don't forget the drummers of crazy tech-death bands like Cryptopsy and Deeds of Flesh when it comes to speed.

but the all-time winner in this category has to be Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel/Terrorizer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back