Who is DONE? How long have they been DONE for?
Jan 8, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #91 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One word for she who must be obeyed, chocolate. Know her favorite and keep it handy. Like Curly with mice & cheese.

Ghirardelli intense dark chocolate squares -Twilight Delight 70% Cacao

but she keeps her own stock. face it, i'm toast.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #92 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been done a few times now since starting. -snip-
Yes, I am talking about headphones...
biggrin.gif

lol

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #94 of 101
Most people that're done won't be here to post in this thread.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #95 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people that're done won't be here to post in this thread.

Corollary: Those who say they are done and are posting in this thread are unlikely done. They are fooling themselves.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #96 of 101
^ I know I am. Fooling myself that is...
tongue.gif

Cause although I like to think so I am far from done.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #98 of 101
Well... I now have a Gilmore Lite + DPS (in the family, at least) and a WA6 plus iBasso D10 for portable use and DAC purposes. So I'd say that I am done as far as amps and DAC's are concerned, although I may, one day, seek out a Cambridge Audio DacMagic or MF V-Dac. The Woo (lovingly nick-named "The Battleship") next to the stacked GLite (nicked "The Corvette" - as in the smaller, faster ship) make an intriguing pair, and I've got the sound spectrum covered with a bright, crisp SS amp, and a warmer, smooth OT'd tube one.

As far as headphones go, I am far from done. I am very happy with my Denon D2000's, esp. out of the GLite. But I plan on getting a pair of RS-1(i)'s and or HF-2's again, when I can afford them. (There's also this nagging sensation that a pair of HD600's or K702's is what I want.) So I've sort of put the cart before the horse, but I'm confident that I now have a rig that can drive pretty much any 'phone properly that I throw at it. (Also a pretty decent setup to take to a meet, when next one happens in these frosty climes.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #99 of 101
i've been done. i havent bought anything for over a year...well except a PMP, but maybe that doesnt count. i went from hd650 to K701SE to K701Balanced to hd600 balanced and back to the hd650 balanced.

actually maybe im not done lol i still have to finish this beta22..

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #100 of 101
I am now officially in Equipment Consolidation Mode, in the hopes of getting a new kick-@ss headphone amplifier.

Does that count?

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #101 of 101
certainly not done..more like in a headphone slump/hiatus. Attention is being diverted to A/V gear, including a new plasma, Xbox 360, and hopefully soon a CinemaTube media player.

I'm actually quite content with my setup right now with the HF-2. Musical yet transparent.

But I did purchase a MiniWatt tube amp, so currently Speakers > Headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back