Who have you seen thats famous??
Sep 11, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #17 of 78
Let's see, I don't remember all of them, I'm not that enamored with celebrities... Corinne Bailey Rae came to my school and did a little concert/Q&A for like 40 of us, Jackson Browne, Crosby, and Venice did a concert and I got to play with them, that was fun, I saw Owen Wilson at this burger place called the counter, does Arnold Schwarzennegar (sp) count? Thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #18 of 78
I was one of the lucky callers to a radio station and got tickets to the Red Hot Chile Peppers when Dave Navarro was in the band. Got to meet them backstage.

Flea never showed up. The drummer was quiet, but not rude in any way. Anthony Kiedis was a jerk...he complained about having to take time for us while preparing for a show. But he still made time to hit on the 16 year old girl next to me.

Dave Navarro was really, really cool. Appreciated us, signed everything, great guy. The kind of guy who has a lot of success with women but you don't begrudge him for it.

I also went to a Dark Tranquility show, and the lead singer (Michael Stanne) was hanging out having a drink after the headliner finished. What an awesome guy; completely down to earth, realy appreciated and was friendly to the fans, and a genuine pleasure to meet. While not a big celebrity, that was also a huge treat as I'm a dedicated fan of the band.

Neil Young goes to Sharks hockey games a lot, I sat near but never met him. He eyed me suspiciously when I glanced over.

Oh, saved the longest encounter for last. I met Yau-Man, one of the top four in this last Survivor season and one of the most popular contestants ever. He went to college with my co-worker, and we had a fun get together at her home one night with a bunch of other people. I talked to him for over an hour, getting all the Survivor gossip and his insights. Played board games later with his wife and kid, kind of a surreal experience. He's just like on the show, a good guy who enjoyed the celebrity of being in the public eye and is extremely sharp. He probably answered the same questions he's been asked a million times, but was very patient and pleasant. I liked him and his family a lot.

Sep 11, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #20 of 78
Lily Tomlin literally ran into me exiting an elevator.

Shields and Yarnell did magic tricks at my table in the long lost Magic Apple restaraunt. This was before they got famous. Jonathan Winters also ate there - saw him there twice, next table over on one of the occasions

Shook hands with Spiro Agnew at a Young Republican's Party.

Got Dorothy Lamour's autograph at a theatre in the round in Long Island.

I eat Breakfast every Wednesday with Ty Hardin.

Ate Lunch once with Colin Chapman, Innes Ireland, and Masten Gregory.

Have eaten at a little Trattoria with Mario Andretti there - also have shaken his hand in the pits at Watkins Glen.

Took a ride in a Mini (The real one) with Stirling Moss.

Not two weeks ago, got to speak with Kasey Kahne and Tony Stewart, at a charity race.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 78
When I lived in London in '93 we lived down the road from Sinead O'Connor. I would see her in the bakery across the road regularly. Most times I'd simply say g'day or hi. She would respond in kind.

I met Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan after a Mr Big gig at the Astoria (I think) in London as well.

As a rule I tend to leave famous people alone. They don't bug me so I prefer not to bug them.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #23 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I met Adam Oates in the airport once. Incredibly nice guy.

Every hockey player I've ever met has been a nice guy...

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #26 of 78
After a Rangers/Canadiens playoff game I just about literally bumped into Mike Richter, Jeff Beukuboom and Brian Leetch in Montreal.

In Manhattan I've walked by Ric Ocasek, Dustin Hoffman - twice. Passed Tony Randall in a restaurant while he was waiting for the bathroom. Mikhail Barishnikov coming into a restaurant while I was about to leave. Jean Stapleton getting into a limo after a Broadway performance.

Charles Kuralt in Vermont.

Back when I was a teenager, my mother held a post concert party and all four members of the Tokyo String Quartet attended.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #29 of 78
^^ I can beat that French whore: Abe Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial!
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #30 of 78
I met Demi Moore in NYC in the late 80's. She was walking her dog and we chatted about our pets for a while. My sister told me later who she was... I did not know it was her because she looked like this:
ButcherWifePoster.jpg

A few more I remember now:
I watch Sly Stallone shoot the monorail scene from "Assassins" in Seattle. The director said "Action SLY!"
tongue.gif
I sat next to James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) at Wild Ginger in Seattle. I did not get to meet her but my sister's roomate at prep school was Wynona Rider, who slept over at my house but was crying the whole time because her grandfather had just died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back