Who have you seen thats famous??
Sep 11, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

wgr73

1000+ Head-Fier
I've seen all kinds of peeps from Kobe Bryant to Dave Navarro (last week in Vegas). I have also seen Sheryl Crow in the Phoenix airport walking by herself! I just thought it would be interesting to see who you guys have seen...even if it was not planned.
cool.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 78
I am very interested in aviation, so I was at my local airport (code PDK). I saw Cuba Gooding, Jr. going through the small terminal room to get to a waiting. car. He also asked for directions. It was pretty awesome.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 78
No one. I don't get out much.

Laz

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 78
Dinner with Al Michaels (from Sunday night Football) during the Indy 500 weekend in 2000 (a very enjoyable time, as I am a big football fan)

Bill Gates (we were both on the same private island), as boring in real life as he is through your computer screen.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 78
Will Ferrel. He went to University High School to grab some of his personal tapes. I was in French class and all the girls just started screaming and ran out the door. I didn't even know he went to my HS.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 78
Saw Bill Gates at AAAI-2001 in Seattle. Well, closest was about 100 feet away though
tongue.gif

I saw Diana Krall at a concert (New Orleans Jazz Festival) and got her autograph on my Love Scene CDs (yes I'm a show-off
biggrin.gif
)

Also met in person Jacqui Naylor at a recital of hers in New Orleans.

In New Orleans at a Mardi Gras I saw Stevie Wonder on one of the main floats.

Saw Sharon Stone getting into Pat'O Brien's in New Orleans on 1996. I even talked to her and asked her if she was Sharon Stone (duh, how original), no surprise she said no and run away quickly without turning
tongue.gif

Not sure if concerts/events count that much: Sting, Metallica, Godsmack, Perfect Circle, Dr. John, David Copperfield, and several other musicians/performers in Pensacola and/or New Orleans that I can't remember right now.

At the Miami Airport I saw a girl that I'm pretty sure was Franka Potente (from Lola Run and Bourne Identity)

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 78
Crazy experiences! Thats sweet..keep em' coming!

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #10 of 78
Off the top of my head, and these are just people who were going about their business as opposed to concerts, plays, autograph signings, etc., as well as special events where there happened to be a lot of celebrities gathered.

Coolio
Iggy Pop
Debbie Harry
Beverly Sills
Itzhak Perlman
Imelda Marcos
Lou Albano
Dee Snider
Donald Trump
Michael Badalucco
Pete Townshend
Danny Aiello
Joey Ramone
Carson Daly
Fran Drescher
Mike D. from The Beastie Boys

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #12 of 78
Um....

Bill Clinton at a speech of his not too long ago. He was pretty old looking these days.

Not too many I guess, a few of the more trendy musicians I suppose, some members of alexisonfire a few years back, (they from the same area as me), K-os, Fall out boy few years back. (big whoop eh?)

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #13 of 78
Dianna Krall at the Nanaimo A&B sound checking out her CD in the rack, this was a while ago maybe one of her first CDs. You could tell how proud she was to see the cd in her home town music store.

Christina Richi and some other actor having Sushi at the table right beside my wife and I. They seemed really normal and sweet she is increadibly tiny and very very cute.

Another day walking with my wife I saw a woman who was on the opposite side of the side walk. I was thinking that I know her from somewhere but couldn't figure out where. As we passed on the side walk we gave each other a friendly smile. I still had no clue who she was then my wife says that was Famke Janssen. I really thought she was someone I knew but had forgot Another day walking with my wife I saw a woman who was on the opposite side of the side walk and was thinking that I knew her from somewhere as we passed on the side walk we gave each other a friendly smile. Still I had no clue who she was then my wife says that was Famke Janssen. I really thought she was someone I knew but had forgot and had smiled to be polite.

My favorite celebrity sighting needs a bit more of a set up.

Once I saw the movie "Boogie Nights" I practically begged my wife to get roller skates. Any time Heather Graham was on TV, a movie or in a magazine my wife would cover my eyes and tell me that I can't have her.

So we are walking down the street one day past a starbucks and this girl is rushing along the sidewalk in toque and yoga pants I step out of her way as there wasn't much room and let her pass. About a second later my wife says "that was Heather Graham". I think she's lying to get my goat. So I look and see the woman ordering a coffee inside and I can see that other people in the place are paying attention to her in a special way.

I almost walked right into her and had no clue who she was.

Sep 11, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #15 of 78
My friend and I saw Debra Messing the other night sitting outside a restaurant, on her cell phone, on the Pearl St. mall in Boulder, CO. And Kyra Sedgwick came into my work 7 or 8 years ago when I was working at a fro-yo joint. Saw Al Franken at an airport. Um...I think that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back