Who has found Headphone Nirvana?
Mar 18, 2007 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

sjones

Head-Fier
Has anyone here come to that point where they no longer feel they need to upgrade or find something they feel is ultimately better than what they currently have? That they have accepted their current heaphone as what it is, maybe not the best sonically or have the most accuracy, costs a fortune, or even come close to achieving a live musical performance. It is the point where they have no desire for anything else but is completely satisfied with what they have. So if you are I would like to know what you're doing here now?
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 76
Good question. I really am asking myself what I'm doing here since I am ecstatic with my current setup (once Larry sends me my BlackMax interconnect) and I qualify as completely satisfied...

....for now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it, it is called AKG. I am still here because not everybody has seen the light.

LOL. Please guide me towards the light.. jk. I believe I am close to seeing the light and its with a pair of px100s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 76
i have what i feel are good headphones for analytical listening (K701s)
and i'm set on IEMs and portable amps. after those purchases my goal
became to get a very good SS amp and a very good tube amp and one
more set of cans for "fun" listening. i have a heed canamp and this
week i should be getting in the mail a singlepower ppx3 slam, and some
ultrasone 2500s. hopefully that will please me enough that i will be done.
as for disappearing from this site, that is yet to be seen.

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 76
Since beginning head-fying, I've made two major steps toward headphone heaven.

The first step was obtaining a Meier-Audio Corda HA-2 MkII SE. That amp is AMAZING! Smooth, detailed, fast, powerful, and oh so natural! Oh, I love it!

The second step was removing the foam linings covering the transducers of my HD 650. That opened up the sound beautifully! The tone is now perfect! Did the HD 650 exercise tighter control over the signal (like, say, the K701), I'd say the headphone were PERFECT.

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 76
this journey has only begun for me...

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 76
/raises hand

I'm there.

The reason I still hang around is to offer advice, keep track of Headphone trends and gear, and to see if a dynamic phone comes along that will top the AKG K1000s (I'm not holding my breath).

Although I am pretty confident that no dynamic phone will top what the K1000s or RS-1s offer me (IMHO), I still like to try out different headphones from time to time for giggles. Variety (as they say) is the spice of life. So I keep an eye on the for sale forums for good deals. The current itch I would like to scratch is the ATH-AD2000s.

Plus I like the community, and it gives me something fun to do while listening to music.

biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 76
Hopefully when the W5000s arrive I'll be able to say yes....unless the new Denon phones turn out to be really good and I'd still like to get an AD2000 and maybe try a Singlepower amp.
If I'm honest with myself I'd have to say about 90% satisfied.

Mar 18, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus I like the community, and it gives me something fun to do while listening to music.
biggrin.gif

As far as I'm concerned they can close this thread now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #12 of 76
I'm totally satisfied. I'm still here because some threads are interesting, and not from the "hmm, that looks rad, i want one" perspective. Also for those rare occasions that someone has a question or needs advice on a headphone I actually have.

Mar 18, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #15 of 76
Im pretty happy. Im tweeking up the AMT rig at the minute. After that its a decent digital source.

Beyond that is the H2. But other than those plans, no, I'm pretty good. After that I guess ill have to move onto Speaker-Fi.

So yeah, one more headphone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back