WHO GOT a ipad2 for m50?
Apr 25, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 10
I am quite impressed by the headphone out of my ipad 2. It powers my DT770/250 better than my laptop and also my old receiver I used for over a year. Not as good as my E9 though :D. I really want to get a pair of DT1350 but have to wait for them to come down in price a bit.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm getting a brand new 4th gen iPod touch for my SRH840's and soon to acquire SRH440's. :) Apple makes great built in headphone amplifiers, especially in their newer stuff.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
I'm getting a brand new 4th gen iPod touch for my SRH840's and soon to acquire SRH440's. :) Apple makes great built in headphone amplifiers, especially in their newer stuff.

You should get the Equalizer or the EQu app for the Touch.....they are fantastic! I have both but prefer Equalizer.....others prefer EQu. At $2.99 USD for each, it's worth buying both to be sure you get the one you like better.
beyersmile.png

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
You should get the Equalizer or the EQu app for the Touch.....they are fantastic! I have both but prefer Equalizer.....others prefer EQu. At $2.99 USD for each, it's worth buying both to be sure you get the one you like better.
beyersmile.png

Thank you for the recommendation! Personally though, I find EQ's just ruins the sound to my ears... but I'm definitely on the more accurate, flat side rather than colored when it comes to  EQ preferences, I usually turn it off or put it on flat. I guess that's why I like Shure so much and others find them "boring and lifeless". lol

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:

Thank you for the recommendation! Personally though, I find EQ's just ruins the sound to my ears... but I'm definitely on the more accurate, flat side rather than colored when it comes to  EQ preferences, I usually turn it off or put it on flat. I guess that's why I like Shure so much and others find them "boring and lifeless". lol

I have no experience with the Shure headphones, but for me, I use an EQ judiciously....I want to hear everything, not just "moar bass"
basshead.gif
like the kids in their cars. So I tinker to get what sounds to my ears like a roughly flat setting most of the time, just upping the bass a little bit from flat when listening at low volume like before going to sleep.

I have one set of 'phones that I don't need any EQ with on the Touch, but a couple others that are helped by it. Anyways, enjoy the Touch either way.....it's a lot of fun.
beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I have no experience with the Shure headphones, but for me, I use an EQ judiciously....I want to hear everything, not just "moar bass"
basshead.gif
like the kids in their cars. So I tinker to get what sounds to my ears like a roughly flat setting most of the time, just upping the bass a little bit from flat when listening at low volume like before going to sleep.

I have one set of 'phones that I don't need any EQ with on the Touch, but a couple others that are helped by it. Anyways, enjoy the Touch either way.....it's a lot of fun.
beerchug.gif

Well thank you very much I really appreciate that! And I completely understand why people use EQ's, I just prefer not to. :) Partly because I have ADD and if I have options, I keep messing with them to the point of not being able to enjoy the music anymore. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Well thank you very much I really appreciate that! And I completely understand why people use EQ's, I just prefer not to. :) Partly because I have ADD and if I have options, I keep messing with them to the point of not being able to enjoy the music anymore. 

It's easy to spend a lot of time tinkering trying to find that perfect setting.....especially when I had cheaper headphones, I wasted several evenings with that, going through all of my reference tracks, etc. etc....so I know what you mean.
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #10 of 10
EQ for me doesn't work out cuz if you have a balance headphone what's the point of eq. I used to use bass reducer for my xb500 due to overwhelming bass. m50 is good without any eq. I think. yes. Ipad2 is very well built in term of audio. plus garage band is very good to play around with. so fun for 4.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back