who else hates ipods?
Dec 5, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #106 of 155
// pathetic troll attempt on

I hate Ipods with passion and I've never even owned one

// pathetic troll attempt off

biggrin.gif
Just kidding of course. Why would anyone hate a piece of electronics? Is it because Ipods are so popular that automatically some people will hate them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and the point of this thread is???

Yeah I agree with you.

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #107 of 155
What is it about people that they wish to knock or berate things that are successful? We all seem to adore the underdog ... until it actually does well at which point we turn and adore something else instead.

As for me I originally never wanted an iPod as they seemed (to me) to be fairly overpriced for what you got (as in there were other players the same price or cheaper that offered more features that I wanted) However they have since come down in price a lot from when I first looked at them (back at 2nd Gen) and I rather like mine. Not sure that I particularly like the touch control overall but I'm getting more and more used to it each and every day.

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #108 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would add that as a group, the iPod owners are the most critical and cynical dap owners. It is the iRiver and Cowon dap owners that are the biggest fanboys.

That is very critical and cynical.
plainface.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #109 of 155
The travesty, I am going for an iRiver (S10) and yet I have an iPod...oh what will the society of Head-Fi think of me now?!

Hhehehe but the iRiver S10 is pretty much as well cool looking imo =]

Dec 5, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #111 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly. I mean do people hate people who buy houses because they look nice? I got my dog cause she was cute. I buy my clothes because they look good... why is it such a shame for people to buy iPods because they look good?

A man's home is his castle, his dog his best friend, and of course, clothes make the man. All those things are important, but an iPod is not. I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'm fed up with advertisers trying to make every single damn thing, from your cell phone to your pepper grinder (pure crystal with a ceramic grinding mechanism filled with a 7-peppercorn blend) into some sort of idiotic fashion statement.

Dec 5, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #112 of 155
I used to dislike the ipod gen 1 to gen 4. But i'm loving my ipod video. I like that the interface makes it really easy for me to navigate. I think overall, it's a quality product (5th gen). If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Why is that so hard?

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #113 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A man's home is his castle, his dog his best friend, and of course, clothes make the man. All those things are important, but an iPod is not. I can't speak for everyone, but personally I'm fed up with advertisers trying to make every single damn thing, from your cell phone to your pepper grinder (pure crystal with a ceramic grinding mechanism filled with a 7-peppercorn blend) into some sort of idiotic fashion statement.

The iPod looks nice... it's really not a fashion statement (to me atleast). My toaster looks nice, my microwave looks nice.... I mean my whole kitchen is stainless steel.... so obviously when I picked out applainces.... looks where part of the decision. So when I go out the house I usually look nice.... why would I not want a nice looking DAP to go with my nice looking clothes?

People need to realize that functionality isn't all thier is to things...

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #115 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iPod looks nice...

Really? I think it looks ugly, but each to his own. I think the iPod is unattractive.

Now the Toshiba Gigabeat S.. there's one of the few players that actually genuinely looks good.

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #117 of 155
The Thread starts:
Quote:

who else hates ipods?

Young people blast them.theres too many ads for them and even jeans made for them.AAARGH!

bonethugz says:
Quote:

i just wasted 15 minutes to read all 7 pages of this useless thread

Not a whole lot of upwards mobility when a thread starts as this one did.
tongue.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #118 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just wasted 15 minutes to read all 7 pages of this useless thread

I just wasted 5 sec. to read this useless post
lambda.gif

any other in the team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back