who else hates ipods?
Dec 2, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 155
we live in the same city, see those same lame ipods, everyday I take the subway and there's not even a day without seeing one. I would sell my mom to see someone wearing a pair of Orpheus amped with a Rudistor based military portable tube amp/Micro Dac/Iriver H140 (Possible?) !!!

haha
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Young people blast them.theres too many ads for them and even jeans made for them.AAARGH!

None of those reasons have anything to do with the actual functioning of an ipod. You are no better than those who you are criticizing.

Dec 2, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of those reasons have anything to do with the actual functioning of an ipod. You are no better than those who you are criticizing.

I take issue with both the sound quality and build quality (reliance on a case) with the iPod. I'm not a fan of iTunes 7 either.

However, I agree with those comments. The OP really doesn't seem to hate iPods for actual reasons... it's just a blind rant.

Dec 2, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 155
Quote:

Young people blast them.theres too many ads for them and even jeans made for them.AAARGH!

You don't hate iPod. You just have utter discontent for anything and everything that is over-publicized and ubiquitous in nature.

Dec 2, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #10 of 155
I also think that the OP is simply on a blind rant...

FWIW, I like the iPod for what it is (to me anyway): a convenient way to listen to a fairly large library of music with reasonable SQ in places where it would otherwise be impossible. I frankly don't see what all the fuss is about WRT iPod-as-a-way-of-life, and don't care either.

Dec 2, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #11 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't hate iPod. You just have utter discontent for anything and everything that is over-publicized and ubiquitous in nature.

and the ipod is one of those
therefore...

Dec 2, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 155
I hated ipods until I bought the 60 GB video. My DAP before it was a 20 GB Creative Nomad Zen. I bought it because I would not pay an extra $75 for an ipod. While the Zen was a good DAP, the ipod is made better and is engineered in a more clever way. I miss the many options that Zen had (such as bookmarks for audio tracks, the ability to display track info, the ability to create real playlists on the fly, ability to delete files on the fly, etc).

I don't miss the Zen locking up every two or three days and needing a pin reset. The one thing about the ipod still irks me is that after 2-3 weeks of constant use, it will forget to do the "idle shutdown" and eat up the entire battery charge while I'm at work if I forget to shut it down manually. Maybe I need to upgrade to Rockbox?
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 155
Minidisc sounds better,has better features,has a mic,usb,and digital,analog line in.1 HiMd stores just as much music as an ipod and one can get md much cheaper.i tested an md player with an ipod using an ms1.no contest.

Dec 2, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #15 of 155
Quote:

Minidisc sounds better,has better features,has a mic,usb,and digital,analog line in.1 HiMd stores just as much music as an ipod and one can get md much cheaper.i tested an md player with an ipod using an ms1.no contest.

i have a md player. what is this himd that will allow me 60 gigs transportable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back