who else hates ipods?
Dec 4, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #91 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's not like the iPod success eliminated the line-in port which I assume you're implying. BMW and other manufacturers had plenty of gadgets they could have supported before the iPod came out (MD anyone?) and it's certainly not unheard off to replace your stock receiver with another for additional functionality (AIWA in my stylin' Corolla for line-in port - how I play my iPod). The iPods port gives it some advantages of control some auto manufacturers may prefer and if I'm going to stereotype I suspect the percent of iPod owners are higher for BMW users than the general public, but I don't see how adding iPod functionality or "iPod power" harmed non-iPod users here.

The new BMWs have an aux input in the center console. It does not require an iPod for use. The ipod interface is just an option.

BTW I like iPods. I have a 2nd Gen version. However, I mainly use my Creative Zen Micro because it works with Yahoo's Music Unlimited.

I use iPods and other players for portability and they are great for that. Yes, SACD or vinyl may sound better, but I would need a wheelbarrow to get from place to place.

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #92 of 155
cvince says:
Quote:

i know.. the irony.

Quote:

[A]pple would ... agree ... that an ipod is just not an ipod without itunes+music store.

IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY, Apple would "agree" that an iPod is not an iPod without Corn Flakes. If you haven't figured that one out, you should not be on the internet without adult supervision.
tongue.gif

The experience of iTunes on a Mac is very different than iTunes on Windows. I believe my Windows friends when they tell me iTunes on Windows sucks. I hope my Windows friend believe me when I tell them that the iTunes experience on a Mac is very good.

As to design - The day the click wheel is in the public domain, every DAP will have a click wheel.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #95 of 155
Moved from Win to Macbook...no big difference with iTunes...I like the iTunes because of the shared network music and thats about it. But it is way better than that Sony Program.....

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #97 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cvince says:

IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO BUY, Apple would "agree" that an iPod is not an iPod without Corn Flakes. If you haven't figured that one out, you should not be on the internet without adult supervision.
tongue.gif

well I wanted an ipod, so I bought one

It just won't be what apple defined as "ipod" after I'm through with it.

I know many of you here hate ipod users who buy them because it's fashionable. I am entirely guilty of that. I like to use something that is smooth and looks good. Good looks amounts to a large portion of what consumerism really is.

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #98 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvince /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good looks amounts to a large portion of what consumerism really is.

Exactly. I mean do people hate people who buy houses because they look nice? I got my dog cause she was cute. I buy my clothes because they look good... why is it such a shame for people to buy iPods because they look good?

Dec 5, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #100 of 155
entertainment.

It's flamebait

Dec 5, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #101 of 155
pds6 is saying that once you gave apple money, they could care less what you do to the product. apple defines an ipod as $249 (insert the cost of your model here) of income. you gave that to them. you bought an ipod. they are now out of the picture and you have supported that which you hate.

Dec 5, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #102 of 155
well said.

I agree it is priceless.
icon10.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #103 of 155
zip22 says:
Quote:

pds6 is saying that once you gave apple money, they could care less what you do to the product.

Close, but MORE cynical.
tongue.gif

I am and I will forever be a consumer to Apple. I have never and will never lose sight of this fact.

I would add that as a group, the iPod owners are the most critical and cynical dap owners. It is the iRiver and Cowon dap owners that are the biggest fanboys.

Lastly, the newest "iPod Killer", the iAudio X5. Good dap, but read the reviews. Overall, the same rating as the iPod.

ps: You don't need Rockbox to get more clean bass out of the iPod. basshead:

Dec 5, 2006 at 9:02 AM Post #105 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lastly, the newest "iPod Killer", the iAudio X5. Good dap, but read the reviews. Overall, the same rating as the iPod.

well its from the spring of 2005, so I would say a rather old "iPod Killer". I would like to have one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back