Who else has "anime fatigue"?
Mar 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because today's games are all about looking fancy and much less about being addictively fun. Too much eye candy, not enough mind candy.

Download Puzzle Quest or Poker Smash on the 360. If you can pry your fingers off of the controller after an hour of play of either, I'd be very surprised.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 83
Paprika is great. Rent it post-haste!

I feel for the whole "anime fatigue" notion.

I dunno, I relish the old early to mid 90's anime with the campy plots and silly voice actors. That's when I really got into anime. I just started watching "Trinity: Blood" this evening...not bad...much rather watch "Godanner", but I can't seem to find it anywhere (for purchase...or otherwise).

Then again, I also have an unhealthy fascination with Gatchaman.

"LOOK FORWARD TO IT!"

Nylan

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #19 of 83
It's definitely stagnant. Just like videogames. Anime and videogames are relying both on similar angles to get by -- Meaning, doing what is already known to work and sell. The innovation in both medias is dead, so at this point it just feels like treading through familiar waters. Over and over again. So you get bored and find a new hobby.

Unfortunately, there's so many people that will NEVER get bored of the same thing over and over -- Matter of fact, there's many people who love that aspect of entertainment -- That these problems will never change. People are going to still buy and enjoy the next hype machine that's exactly the same as the past 12 series in the genre.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because today's games are all about looking fancy and much less about being addictively fun. Too much eye candy, not enough mind candy.

I totally agree. Some games today seem and feel mindless.

Maybe, I should sell my 360. I could use the money to help Darth my DT770.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #21 of 83
I always crave innovation over the same old. That's why a game like REZ is so great to me. It is the only game where I wouldn't mind it being cloned over and over.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #22 of 83
I have experienced similar fatigue with anime and videogames. Interestingly though, I saw Metropolis when it first came out before the fatigue set in and quite liked it. Over the past couple weeks I have been wishing I had my DVD copy here at school with me to watch now.
It is basically another man VS machine film, but I am a big fan of that genre. Interesting to see different directors/artists' takes on humans' relationship with technology.

Even though I have a tough time enjoying and appreciating anime and videogames which are new to me though I still like the old ones a lot. Miyazaki, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Lain, Jet Set Radio and Shadow of the Colossus are still some of my favorites.

I was never able to find a copy of REZ for a decent price but would still love to check it out. Anyone have an extra/old copy they don't want too much?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #24 of 83
I think 2002 was when I started to slip for me. Having worked on the Cowboy Bebop movie at the beginning of the year and finishing up Azumanga at the end, it seemed like things were going downhill after that...

Wow, it has been a while.

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #26 of 83
Anime is my second fave hobby besides tunes.I was a mod on Boxtorrents ages ago.JIN-ROH was my name,on there.

Right now my wife and I are re watching Le Chevalier d'Eon
dvd's and Guardian Of The Sacred Spirit dvd's :

Production I.G [WORK LIST[Details]]

We just finished watching Shigurui for the second time tonight,and we are really looking forward to I.G's Real Drive

I have watched Metroplis dozens of times,its one of my fav full length anime features,right up there with Millenium Actress.Cannot help but cry when i watch that .... If you like MA,try watching some of Kons other stuff,like
'Paranoia Agent' or the simply brilliant 'Paprika'

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #27 of 83
Stopped watching just recently. Maybe because recent animes have been boring or because I just lost interest, not sure. The last goods ones I saw were Gurren Lagann and Seirei no Moributo but even those weren't so captivating anymore.

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #28 of 83
Right now, I have about six anime that I watch on a regular basis, but each one has something other than moe piled upon moe, so that keeps me from burning out. There will be other times where I'm watching something completely different, like catching up with Top Gear or Heros.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #29 of 83
offset the fatigue, by watching live action.
biggrin.gif
And then when you tire of those, off to another thing/back to anime. For me, it's just been a cycle like that. Though currently, I find the dramas, anime, and movies are kind of lacking. Stagnancy does seem to be setting in kind of strong, however there's always a few that managed to slip by- and finding those few may prove to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #30 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think 2002 was when I started to slip for me. Having worked on the Cowboy Bebop movie at the beginning of the year and finishing up Azumanga at the end, it seemed like things were going downhill after that...

Wow, it has been a while.

If I may ask, were you part of AO/Ishin/A-E? I used to keep up with the scene back then, but just grew out of it. Seems these days, none of the groups I recognize from the past are as popular, speed subbing does seem to have taken a bigger part of the community. Though in general, the quality seems to have gone up (as always, in general not couting the group that's always 1st). Nyoro~n is doing a fine effort replacing AJ of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back