Who drives with headphones?
Aug 24, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #32 of 77
I was a courier and I drove over 250 miles a day on the highway in a car without an air conditioner. I used the ER-4S's to protect my hearing when driving with my windows down during the summer, and always took them out as I approached towns. I would not have felt comfortable driving around with traffic and everything with 'em on. Heck, I didn't even feel comfortable listening to them at home; I was always afraid I might not hear someone knocking on the door or something which is why I sold them.

Aug 24, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #33 of 77
i've been also stopped by police while driving with headphones ...
rolleyes.gif

i was wearing some huge things you can imagine ..
k1000smile.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:22 AM Post #34 of 77
I think it might be worthwhile to upgrade your car speakers/setup if you really care about sound quality in the car.

Canalphones are definitely not suited to city bicycle riding IMO. But thats just my opinion~ car horning and being able to hear cars and trucks on your sides and behind you are very important- but then I'm not that great a cyclist and I rely on these things to ensure I live another day!

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:25 AM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
i've been also stopped by police while driving with headphones ...
rolleyes.gif

i was wearing some huge things you can imagine ..
k1000smile.gif

but... but... officer, they're "ear speakers," they're not headphones at all!!!

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:34 AM Post #36 of 77
i said i had ears severe problems and was going to do some therapy .. that they were part of it and they were due half an hour before the therapy
trust me or not , this is what happened and they trusted me

Aug 25, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #37 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
i said i had ears severe problems and was going to do some therapy .. that they were part of it and they were due half an hour before the therapy
trust me or not , this is what happened and they trusted me

eek.gif
x1000
Good job man
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #39 of 77
All the time with ety's, earbuds, or even regular headphones depending on my mood. mostly on trips out to my gf house which is all highway for 45 min. but sometimes on the way home from work and always on my roadtrips to Denver. if i spent $1500 on a decent car stereo system, i'd have it turned up so loud that the effect would be the same anyway. As long as I avoid contact with other vehicles, it works just fine.

edit: Shields /ON
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #43 of 77
This sounds like a very dangerous idea. Is it even legal? -_-;

Anyway, I would not recommend driving with headphones. Just use your car stereo.

Mar 12, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #44 of 77
I don't even drive with the radio on. I find that the sound system in the car is directly connected to the accelerator.

The tunes completely take over.

The beat of the music dictates the speed of my vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back