Who are your favorite companies (to deal with)?
Dec 8, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #137 of 149
Burson Audio.

They have good products, good customer service + if you're on Au they offer a trial back period for any product you buy. 

What more can you ask? 
cool.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #138 of 149
Musica Acoustics.
Great service with. A+ customer service , 5 stars for quick replies and A+++ for fast shipping FROM Japan.

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #140 of 149
my ISP - XMission - who i have done business with since 1993. Only one incident of bullflop in the entire relationship, and it was largely inconsequential. My firewall detected a port scan from one of their office workstations and they initially denied everything. A few days later they admitted that an argument between admins got out of hand and had resulted in someone firing off a blanket port scan in order to determine definitively how many DSL customers were running servers. Other than that - 17 years of excellent service. They offer email-only, shell-only, web hosting, etc, services if you're not looking for residential internet (which is really just a side business for them). When i call these guys with a technical issue they give me a real, detailed, technical answer. When something goes wrong they tell me exactly what, exactly why it happened, and exactly what they are doing to prevent it from happening again. They rule. 

directron.com - at first blush it looks like just another crappy yahoo store selling computer parts. They are in fact the BEST crappy yahoo store selling computer parts. Never disappointed me in the 10 years or so since someone recommended them to me.

assamteacompany.com - Saunam is the man if you want camilla assamica. I recommend the kama black and the cream of assam. I'm such a tea snob that i have seen pictures of the elephant that helps harvest my tea.

I'm sure that plenty of major players have been mentioned in this thread so far, so I'm mentioning the little guys.

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #141 of 149
Head-Direct- have returned and purchased many items + referred many people for PK3 (the gateway drug).
TTVJ- feels like small-town U.S.A. but it is some of the best stuff in the world.  (Thank you for the HF-2!)
iBassoDamn fast shipping!!!  (Shipping back isn't cheap- but they took back my P4.)  I am happy with my D12...
Sennheiser- they didn't bother with IE earpad images on their website but when I ordered the wrong ones they took good care of me...
Headroom- open box IE8 and "new-but-crushed-box" PK2 = just as promised.

Also notable to mention- Head-Fi Used Sellers!
Have been very happy so far with the prices, integrity, and experience I have had with: a tube amp, a used pair of Alessandros, and a pair of HF-2 I am listening with right now (to Sufjian Steven's BQE track #7 & #8). 

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #142 of 149
Oh, have to say that Amazon makes "instant gratification" pretty "darn" instant.

And, B&H Photo NYC always did right by me on big photography purchases/returns when that was my profession...so a "shout-out" to them...

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #143 of 149
Blue Jean Audio
TTVJ (I buy from Todd pretty often despite his prices being generally a bit higher than competitors)
Schiit and Woo Audio: Made in the USA headphone amplifiers by nice people at great prices.
Head-Direct: Fang is a very nice person to deal with.
Ray Samuels: His products may be on the expensive side, but he's a very nice guy with very good products.
Beezar: TomB is just awesome.

Edit: D'oh! I just realized this was a bump of a thread I posted in back in March.
Also, hopefully I can soon add JH Audio to this list. Brittany was very helpful at the NY meet.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #145 of 149

I've also been dealing with Ray Samuels - extremely helpful man and you pay for top quality I would say.
Blue Jeans are extremely informative. Recent;y, also   Beyerdynamic. They are fast to answer questions and diligent to deal with product issues once you've bought from them.

Hervie

Quote:
Blue Jean Audio
TTVJ (I buy from Todd pretty often despite his prices being generally a bit higher than competitors)
Schiit and Woo Audio: Made in the USA headphone amplifiers by nice people at great prices.
Head-Direct: Fang is a very nice person to deal with.
Ray Samuels: His products may be on the expensive side, but he's a very nice guy with very good products.
Beezar: TomB is just awesome.

Edit: D'oh! I just realized this was a bump of a thread I posted in back in March.
Also, hopefully I can soon add JH Audio to this list. Brittany was very helpful at the NY meet.

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #146 of 149
Todd, TTVJ

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #147 of 149
Somehow never spotted this thread before.

Meier Audio were a joy to deal with, responsive, honest and patient, everything a company should be to its customers. Great value and quality products too.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #148 of 149
Ken at ALO, he can be very accommodating when the situation calls for it. Also Vinnie @ RWA, very nice guys.

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #149 of 149
Bringing this thread back from the dead ... knowing the companies with GREAT customer service is so important.  More posts here, people.

This outfit has been mentioned before, but I need to give a shout out to Blue Jeans Cable.

Today is Sunday, in fact Super Bowl 50 Sunday.

Monday I have a meeting with a builder, and I realized that I am missing some essential information on Belden wire going in to the walls.  Belden and other sites were not helpful, my questions were detailed, focusing on certain termination options and so on.

Blue Jeans sells a lot of Belden-based cables, so I dashed off an email to them detailing my question, hoping I would get an answer someday on Monday, probably when walking on-site with the builder, just-in-time maybe.

AMAZING, within a few hours I got a personal, detailed answer from them, answering all my questions.  In today's world of voice-response and off-shore support, this is jaw dropping.  A few years ago I moved all my cable business to them (I have used a lot of other suppliers before, but grew tired of the failure rate); those of you who have been to my micro-meets in the past know I consume a lot of cable!  Every cable Blue Jeans has ever sold me is still working, zero defects, and every commercial interaction was totally positive.

My highest praise.  Use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back