Who ARE you???
Mar 24, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #17 of 129
I'm thinking of JAG after my four years. Either continue in the military as a lawyer or go onto art school to become a professional graphic designer... What would I have to do to get into JAG?

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 129
High School student/Lab research student/technician of some sort... soon to be in some sort of university/college that I will know next month...

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #19 of 129
Gee thanks BDA_ABAT, I guess I'm an "other".

Quote:

I'm thinking of JAG after my four years. Either continue in the military as a lawyer or go onto art school to become a professional graphic designer... What would I have to do to get into JAG?

Hey A&M, I think you've just about exploded to bits the left brain/right brain theory.
eek.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #20 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me

audio,you must enter the NAVY with a pre law(history,political science,english) degree.I hate JAGs and I would hate to see you become one.most of these guys are Millitary school grads born with a silver spoon up their asses.I doubt guys like you and me would ever really fit in with them.This is what the sons and daughters of politicians do in the service.Guys like me and you fight and die.

anyway,I'm a firefighter and own an electrical contracting business(for now).......and oh yeah I sell audio gear.

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 129
I checked:

Engineer/Programmer - to me, they're the same thing.
Artist/Musician - wanna-be, working on it quite seriously.
Other - erm...rogue.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #22 of 129
Currently manage an Engineering group FWIW, part time audio engineer, full time audiophool / headphone phreak.
eek.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 129
Hehe, I would never fit in with them bastards (I've met a few), but I wouldn't become a lawyer to make friends in the first place.
tongue.gif
The way I see it, if I stick out like a soar thumb, I'll get attention from higher ranks, and if I do well, hopefully I'll advance quicker. I honestly hate the law system, and would love to fight against it. (defend innocent people and prosecute the guilty, not the other way around)

You fought, and didn't die, I'll fight, and won't die.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's all good Fred.

Army commando is in the back of my mind too.
biggrin.gif
Always wanted to be a sniper as a ranger/delta.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:05 AM Post #24 of 129
No the worst sign is that artists and musicians are always lumped together like we go hand in hand. I mean what the hell is an "artist/musician" anyways??? There was a time in the early 20th centruy when "artists" and "musicians" were at extreme odds with each other over whos medium provided the best form of expression, and I in fact find myself at extreme odds with musicians as well. Mainly because I don't think music can express anything close to what imagery can express on an intellectual level.

There are artists.

And there are Musicians.

What you say is like being a Doctor/Pediatrician

I would have clicked that one, except I am not a musician, being called a musician makes my skin crawl. Even if I was talented with music, I'd not want to be called a musician... To be lumped with the unmotivated, winey, self-centered, punks that largely comprise our "musician" population is not something im interested in.

No offense intended to our true musician members. Although I'm sure there are plenty of you pot smoking college drop outs looking for a free and easy ride out there!!

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #25 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Army commando is in the back of my mind too.
biggrin.gif
Always wanted to be a sniper as a ranger/delta.

Nah, A&M, you don't want that. One of the guys who used to work for me did that in the service and he never could get rid of the devils left in his head. I had a GF in high school whose dad was a sniper/ranger in the Korean war and he had the same problem. Not something you want crawling around in your noggin my friend.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #27 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by kwkarth

Nah, A&M, you don't want that. One of the guys who used to work for me did that in the service and he never could get rid of the devils left in his head. I had a GF in high school whose dad was a sniper/ranger in the Korean war and he had the same problem. Not something you want crawling around in your noggin my friend.

I'm here today because of a MARINE Scout Sniper.Snipers are my heroes and are the most feared warriors on any battlefield.It is a fact that every Sniper has blood on his hands but they don't make Snipers just to say we got em'.Snipers kill people and do it most effectively.If you can handle the ghosts,do it.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 129
It would depend who I was ordered/morally had to take out. If it's some poor guy who just got in the way of big brother, well then his ghost would most definately bother me. If it was some tyrant who killed his own people, then I'd do it in a heart beat. Same with hostage situation / battlefield protecting comrades.

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #29 of 129
I chose 'Other' due to the fact i'm an unemployed slob playing videogames and looking for work all day
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #30 of 129
VP for Bank of America for 23 years. Was a branch manager for 15 years before moving into small business lending. Spent 5 years in business lending before they (the bank) decided to do away with my position. For the past 3 years I have been in Associate Development where I conduct training classes for Personal Bankers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back