White MONSTER Studios Replacement (travel-home use)
Jun 1, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #16 of 18
Why don't you try a Denon AH-D1100.  I bought a pair of Monster's because I liked the look and thought I could live with the sound but I had a lot of problems with them so I sold it and bought a pair of Denon's for around $120 after reading a lot of good reviews on this forum.  The 1100s has a lot of bass which would be comparable to the Monster's and they look really sleek too.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #17 of 18
Ok,
So because they are over-ear and comfortable, good for Hip Hop, they are nice-looking (except the logo ahah), I'd choose the Aviators. Plus there is a white model.
I'd choose the white one cause if I'm hanging out in summer with them in a sunny day, they'd become hot soon, which I don't like. Secondly black is too common and popular.

After this interesting story I still have some questions about use and purchase to ask you, so take patience, I'll be the fastest I can.

1) Are they actually resistant? How do you treat your cans?

2) Amazon.com, looks cheap but is there an international guarantee?

I'd like to spend the less possible with still having a guarantee (So I'm not gonna buy a used pair), especially if the headphones are not much resistant!

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 18
1) Skullcandies are known to be very fragile. Their built quality is probably the less reputable I've seen. Maybe the Aviators are a new page in the book, I recommend you check it out. Since they made the Aviators as an attemp to please a more demanding crowd maybe they improved the build quality as well.
We simply take care of our cans. If you bought something for 150$, you'll think twice before throwing them in your backpack without a purse/case.

2) Skullcandy has a lifetime warranty in the US and Canada. If you break them on accident or something, they only charge 50% for your replacement. If the product is defective (like it breaks by spreading the headband as usual), they send you a new one. Skullcandy's warranty is actually very good, if you live in the US or Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back