Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Jul 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #47 of 1,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
laphroiag quarter cask

Well, I wasn't able to find any of their quarter cask, but I did pick up some Laphroaig 10yrs.

Geez Grawk, you know your stuff. This tastes even smoother goes down easier than Glenfidditch, with more flavour and smoke. Its awesome
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #48 of 1,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I wasn't able to find any of their quarter cask, but I did pick up some Laphroaig 10yrs.

Geez Grawk, you know your stuff. This tastes even smoother goes down easier than Glenfidditch, with more flavour and smoke. Its awesome
biggrin.gif

Looks like you're an Islay man and didn't know it.

Look out for Lagavulin and Ardbeg if you get the chance. Might be a bit more pricey but very nice.

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #49 of 1,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I casually enjoy bourbon. I generally keep a handle or two of Jim Beam around for drinking at a reasonable price, but I prefer Knob Creek. Makers Mark is pretty decent as well, and bars generally have it.

For slightly more than beam but less than the other two, try old foresters.

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #50 of 1,413
single-malts, especially those from Islay, are much more complex, a bit dryer/purer, better after taste than more American whisky/boubon, which tend to be a little to sweet for my taste.

Lagavulin 16, Ardbeg, Talisker are among my favorites. Laphoriag is awesome, but definitely of acquired taste and I enjoy it tremendously depends on the moods.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #53 of 1,413
Just back from that Ardbeg tasting. The Beastie Mobile tour Ardbeg Beastie Mobile

Didn't take notes but will post some general impressions in the Scotch thread in the Members' Lounge.

Tried the standard Ardbeg 10 yo, Ardbeg Blasda and Ardbeg Uigeadail.

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #55 of 1,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just back from that Ardbeg tasting. The Beastie Mobile tour Ardbeg Beastie Mobile

Didn't take notes but will post some general impressions in the Scotch thread in the Members' Lounge.

Tried the standard Ardbeg 10 yo, Ardbeg Blasda and Ardbeg Uigeadail.

Ardbeg 10 and Ardbeg Oogie are 2 of my favorite scotches.

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #56 of 1,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried the Costco's Kirkland scotch? My friend just bring over one yesterday.

I think it's made by Macallan

Quote:

Ardbeg 10 and Ardbeg Oogie are 2 of my favorite scotches.

Both are excellent but I think I prefer Lagavulin, especially when agile_one buys the bottle.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #57 of 1,413
So far, my favorite whiskeys have all been "Al brought it" whiskeys. Followed closely by "Jim brought it". Way down the list we hit the "damnit, I had to buy it myself".

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #58 of 1,413
Quote:

So far, my favorite whiskeys have all been "Al brought it" whiskeys. Followed closely by "Jim brought it". Way down the list we hit the "damnit, I had to buy it myself".

Ah, so that's why when I brought a bottle of Ardberg to a party last week everyone ended up liking it.
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #60 of 1,413
I'm getting increasing tempted to visit Islay and drop in on Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Laphroaig. They're practically within walking distance of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back