which Ultrasones for me?
Jun 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hagge

New Head-Fier
I gotta buy a pair of ultrasones after all the reviews I've read! This is my first pair of Full sized headphones so i'm really not a audiophile, but i'm really thankfull for tips from all you that is!

I'm mostly lisstening to mainstream like pop, house, rap... No classic music and no old music (70s or 80s).
I'll use them when I take the buss (so not a pair that leeks 2 much), when im walking around (use my sony ericsson nato) and when i sit at home with my computer.

I wanna spend 150-250$ (or more if it's worth it, but remember that i dont really know that much about sound quality), the proline are a bit too expensive for me since i'm a kinda audio noob.

I like the ultrasones mostly cuz they're good looking but also since there's a lot of good reviews about them.

Do anyone know if ultrasone has international warranty? woundering since i live in Sweden and sometimes in Spain.

My friend is gonna buy them for me in montrose colorado, (or maybe a bigger city nearby) anyone know about a store he can get them in?

Thank you guys for answearing! :D and sorry about my bad english...

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 5
For those genres and budget I'd say HFI-580. It's a good starter headphone and is preferred by quite a lot people until you get to Pro 900 or similar, the others are usually more V-shaped with recessed mids and bright highs and less musical and more analytical sounding.

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
For those genres and budget I'd say HFI-580. It's a good starter headphone and is preferred by quite a lot people until you get to Pro 900 or similar, the others are usually more V-shaped with recessed mids and bright highs and less musical and more analytical sounding.

Okey thanks, do you think Ultrasone HFI-580 is the best chose in my pricerange? even if i doesnt have to be ultrasone?

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

The HFI-580 are pretty V-shaped too, even moreso than my M50.

To answer TS's question, yes mainstream music works very well on the HFI-580. So will the M50, but seeing that you're starting out from a consumer's perspective I think that the M50's bass will not be enough for your (most probably) wanting-for-moar-bass ears.

You could also go for the Pro700 MKII (another good basshead headphone) or the XB500 (probably has the most bass out of all the headphones I've tried, but it's definitely not suited for portable use :p).

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

The HFI-580 are pretty V-shaped too, even moreso than my M50.

To answer TS's question, yes mainstream music works very well on the HFI-580. So will the M50, but seeing that you're starting out from a consumer's perspective I think that the M50's bass will not be enough for your (most probably) wanting-for-moar-bass ears.

You could also go for the Pro700 MKII (another good basshead headphone) or the XB500 (probably has the most bass out of all the headphones I've tried, but it's definitely not suited for portable use :p).

Okey I think im gonna buy a pair of 580's mostly becouse their better looking, even if the reviews i've read says A LOT of awesome things about m50. 

My friend lives in a small town outside colorado (hes gonna buy then and bring them home to me in sweden). Do you know any reliable and sheep website that i can use to buy them and get them delivered to his home?

Thank you so much crinacle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back