Which TWS should I pick? TWX9/Free byrd/FW1000t
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hozay

Head-Fier
Hi yall,

I am looking for advices on which TWS should I choose.

I have been browsing different websites and threads in head-fi, now I have 3 top picks but they do not have demo units to try at where I live so I hope people who know more about headphones(all of you) or have tried/bought them to share some opinions/advices to help me make my decision. And I checked I did not find any threads to compare these 3 (if there is please tell me I can delete this thread).

1.Beyerdynamic free byrd
2.Ath-twx9
3.JVC fw1000t

I will need to use the TWS on my iphone and PC, so I checked all 3 of them support AAC/aptx. Sadly windows 10 doesnt support aptx-adaptive if I am correct. Or can I buy an usb Bluetooth adapter to make that happen?

I am open to recommendations on other TWS but my budget is around 300 usd.

My reasons of choosing these 3 are:

They all are released in 2021/2022, so kind of new. They all support Bluetooth 5.2
And I do hope I get the best sound quality out of my TWS in this price range. These 3 are I find most recommended when talking about sound quality of TWS. And on other factors such as battery life/lvl of comfort/connection they seems all are fine (from what I read).

So If I rank my priorities they are:

1.sound quality
2.Codec (support windows 10/iphone)
3.comfortable to wear and not bad battery life (having to charge very often is a bit annoying to me)

PS: I know level of comfort can be subjective so if it provides many sizes of ear foam/tips, or is not designed with weird angles/shapes would be great.

Oh and I do not need to use the TWS while doing exercises, so waterproofness is not important. I might use it when commuting but noise cancelling is not very important either. And I know a wired IEM can provide much better sound quality but I need a TWS now for my reasons and I may get a better wired one in the future. I will pass on any Bose tws (coz noise cancelling dont matter to me) and Air pods (they are convenience to use but I already had many generations of them).

Thank you for reading such a long intro, I tried my best to state my needs and backgrounds, please feel free to share your thoughts!

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 7
BTD600 must be pretty new. $39USD seems like a fair price for it from a reputable manufacturer.
Especially when those available transmitters on Amazon kind of make me dizzy, based on my search and also in the thread you mentioned, they have many negative reviews and does not support aptx-a mostly, descriptions are confusing as well. I choose to trust Sennheiser on this one.

Nov 9, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back