Which Turbine Should I Get
Jul 23, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 57
Definitely disagree with this. The Miles Davis absolutely has a bigger mid-bass hump than the Coppers. The Coppers are probably the most balanced headphones Monster has on the market. lol

Quote:
I've only experience with the turbine pros, but IMO, all 3 (Gold, Copper, MDT) are more than competent in regards to bass. If it's "very big treble and clear vocals" you're after, the MDT's are the absolute best of the 3 to my ears. Not only do the Tributes have the least midbass hump (in direct comparison to the Gold/Coppers), but being that they're ever so slightly mid-centric, when it comes to vocals, they seem to hit the spot just right! Refer to my signature for more information. All the best my friend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 57
I respect your opinion. Different strokes for different folks my friend.
smile.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 57
I've owned all of them, the only one I don't have anymore is the Golds. I'll probably get rid of either the Miles Davis or Coppers, not sure yet. Honestly I think the standard Turbines would be an upgrade over the S4s, didn't like those much personally.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #19 of 57

Quote:

Where can you find Monster Outlet Stores in NYC?

It's online. www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp#

Jul 24, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 57
i have the regular monsters
after a few months the shell came apart, i superglued it back together
A few days ago (which is ~6 months after buying) the 3.5 plug started acting up - the left earpiece was sometimes getting disconnected 
So i replaced their plug with a metal gold plated one (something like this: http://tinyurl.com/3n8nzzs )

I really like their sound signature. They sound clear with punchy bass. 
I wanted to buy new IEMs but didn't find anything that would be worth the price under 200-250$ 
And another thing. I found most of the tips uncomfortable. only the triple ones fit my ears. And you might find them heavy.
So overall the monster turbine pro (non copper/gold) are badly built IEMs with great sound.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #21 of 57
The Vanilla Turbines are great, the only issue with them is the horrible build quality. Super Glue will take care of the shell coming apart, and usually the cable gives way at the plug so you need to re-terminate it. But since the wire is so shoddy it's bound to break up again sooner or later, just re-terminate again when that happens. For $50 you can't really go wrong.

I should note that the pro versions (Gold and Copper) still have lousy shell build and my Golds came apart. Wire is much improved though and look like they last longer than the lousy wire of the Vanilla -- though I know someone whose Copper wire strain reliefs broke where they connect to the shell.

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #22 of 57
Thanks guys but I'm going to go with the golds as they seem to fit me best
I do have one more question though
How does the MTPG's bass compare to the TF10 in terms of quality and quantity

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #24 of 57

Quote:
How does the MTPG's bass compare to the TF10 in terms of quality and quantity

Better in both especially for your tastes.  Some might like the TF10 for being faster but it has less extension and texture.  Very one note bass and boring IMO.  

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #27 of 57
I can speak on the vanilla turbine, the MTPG and the TF10 personally.
As mentioned before, the vanilla turbine is really a great bang-for-your-buck headphone if you're a basshead. The low-end isn't the clearest, but it's definitely got an advantage over a lot of similarly-priced headphones in that regard, and the quantity of bass is unbeatable. I found that it suffered most in the mids, and the bass bled into the mids a bit.
The MTPG does a great job cleaning up where the vanilla turbine left off. The bass-mid transition is more refined, and the bass is clearer and more impactful. The highs are a bit more sparkly; the high-end melodies of electronica sound great through the MTPG.
Both of the turbines benefit greatly from amping and high volume in my humble opinion. They're power-hungry creatures, but the MTPG especially can perform well at high volume and even with a bass EQ without a loss of quality.
The TF10 is a more balanced signature. The bass is there, and it definitely isn't shy, but it just isn't a basshead headphone. Vocals sound great, and highs are nearly unbeatable. I personally can't stand the cabling, which is what turned me away here.
I would recommend the MTPG given your criteria. You can generally get a nice pair around ~$140-$170 here on Head-Fi. The only caution I would give would be build quality. My strain reliefs are  beginning to detach from the housings after a little bit of use.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #28 of 57

Quote:
Ok and how do the MTPGs bass in terms of quantity compare to the miles Davis tributes

Some people report differences but for me that difference was from fit.  I was able to get the same bass presentation from the Golds and MDs when I had all 3 way back.  The Coppers are another story.  I tend to think of the MDs as Golds w/ better treble and more forward mids.  Simply put. 

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #29 of 57
Ok so for me if I can get the MDs at a good price then I will go ahead and get them and if not then I know I can get the golds for a low price.
Thank You everybody for helping me out:)

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #30 of 57
Hi there,

Question for those who's used all turbines.

Im quite a headbanger. Which one has the best bass? I listen to symphonic metal (epica, nightwish, within temptation, etc) as well as other types like linkin park, korn, rammstein, dragonforce and others that have high treble like daft punk, depeche mode. i first owned a Headbanger Audio Ear Subs, i was surprised with the bass compared to the cheap $10 ones. but later on i heard about the monster turbines, i saw the vanilla, gold and copper, now i just noticed there is a miles davis. I didnt have that much money so i bought the vanilla. i was so surprised! the bass was even MORE powerfull than the headbangers and noticed that the mids and highs were almost not affected. actually after listening to the MT vanilla i notice that the bass on the headbangers killed all the mids and highs. Ive owned the vanilla for about 5 months, but i had an accident and pulled the cable very strong, so i suppose i broke the cable cause sometimes the right side sounds lower or sometimes doesnt work =( so im looking to buy another one.

Should i buy the same ones or go for the gold/copper/MD? is the difference that much? I just love when the bass punches hard and listen to that crystal clear violins and electronic highs. But i do really need advise from those who has used all the turbines.

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back