Which Turbine Should I Get
Jul 23, 2011 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

jacobap100

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I have been doing a lot of research and I need some people that have heard at least 2 of the turbine models.
So I am wondering which one would suit me best. I listen to almost all hip hop and rap and really looking at the MTPG but I am upgrading from the klipsch s4i so I am wondering if I will be able to tell a 100 or 200 dollar difference with the pro models which one would be best for me.I also need very big treble and clear vocals
I love BASS:wink:

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 57
It depends on the leap and if you are willing to take the leap. The MTPG are nice (especially compared the the S4s) The bass clarity is far superior. Highs have more sparkle Mids are.... Well Dynamic lol. It's a smooth transition if you do go for it. Do keep in mind it is a pretty descent leap. Maybe trying a set of refurb turbines and place your judgement from there? Turbines are also nice, but are no comparison to the Pros. Do keep that in mind. Lows are Bassy, but can be sloppy at times. highs can be tinny in the standard turbines (but it might only be me... My friends think they don't) Mids are a little overwhelmed by the lows (Pros don't really have this problem...)

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 57
I've only experience with the turbine pros, but IMO, all 3 (Gold, Copper, MDT) are more than competent in regards to bass. If it's "very big treble and clear vocals" you're after, the MDT's are the absolute best of the 3 to my ears. Not only do the Tributes have the least midbass hump (in direct comparison to the Gold/Coppers), but being that they're ever so slightly mid-centric, when it comes to vocals, they seem to hit the spot just right! Refer to my signature for more information. All the best my friend. :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 57
The MTP Gold are upgrade over Turbine and they sound better in all frequences response but there are few more IEMs which cost less than MTP Gold and sound better in overall clarity and offers punchy bass like EX600, GR07, IE7.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 57
But the thing is ZARIM that I can get the MTPG for about 170
Show me where I can get the westone 3 or IE8 for that price
Plus both those models look goofy in your ear and the IE8 have poor isolation

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 57
Actually iam sorry i thought your budget is well over $300 but MTP Gold are very good sounding IEMs.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 57

Quote:
Ok so I have been doing a lot of research and I need some people that have heard at least 2 of the turbine models.
So I am wondering which one would suit me best. I listen to almost all hip hop and rap and really looking at the MTPG but I am upgrading from the klipsch s4i so I am wondering if I will be able to tell a 100 or 200 dollar difference with the pro models which one would be best for me.I also need very big treble and clear vocals
I love BASS:wink:

Golds for sure.  The Golds are a huge step up from the S4i.  But you mention you want big treble. S4i has big, screeching treble. Golds have smooth, understated treble. You may want to opt for the Copper which has more treble similar to the S4i.  But if you want to keep it simple.... the original vanilla Turbine has more treble and bass than any of the pro models. Hell of a lot cheaper, too $50 from Monster Outlet store. But honestly it's very grainy and unrefined compared to the pro models.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 57
I like my Golds way more than my S4's and I have the same music preference as you.  I thought the S4's had too much sibilance, and the Gold's are great for me.  I think you'd be good with either the Gold or Copper, but make sure you buy from an authorized retailer because Ive gone through 5 pairs.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 57

Quote:
Golds for sure.  The Golds are a huge step up from the S4i.  But you mention you want big treble. S4i has big, screeching treble. Golds have smooth, understated treble. You may want to opt for the Copper which has more treble similar to the S4i.  But if you want to keep it simple.... the original vanilla Turbine has more treble and bass than any of the pro models. Hell of a lot cheaper, too $50 from Monster Outlet store. But honestly it's very grainy and unrefined compared to the pro models.

Where can you find Monster Outlet Stores in NYC?

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #13 of 57
To me the Coppers sound all-around better - more towards transparency and resolution. Both are smooth and warm, and the coppers indeed have less of a bass hump compared to the gold, but the gold is way past my threshold for "too much bass". If all you are looking for is big huge bass the golds will probably be up your alley, but to me the coppers are better in every other department just by a little.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #15 of 57
Quote:
My max is 250 so what can I get for that besides the MTPG

Atrio M5. Albeit, if you're in search for clear vocals, I'd personally avoid a mid-bass hump as much as possible, and the Atrio's are free of one. They're channeled exclusively towards sub-bass, and not just any sub-bass, but the absolute most powerful sub-bass you'll get for the price. They can be had quite easily for $160 and under, through many authorized resellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back