Which Portable Amp? Totally confused....
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #62 of 68
Craig at Whiplash is great. I deal with him often. Highly recommended.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #63 of 68
Yups pretty fast.....

Even soundearphone shipped my order for the T400's in < 20 hours!
darthsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you listened to music like ambient, or even the motivation.mp3 which comes packed in the amp3? Even that hisses like the dickens with my unit. If my unit ain't a bad apple, it is simply that people's music collections are sufficiently fast enough to distract them from the hiss. not a bad way to fix the hiss, but dear me, i don't want to give jazz and classical for the likes of rock!

i could not try those tracks since the one im currently with is my friends...which i had borrowed to try out ...and it has been formatted plenty of times
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #64 of 68
Portable amps also have troubles with balanced armatures with crossover networks - something which is being discussed at HydrogenAudio at the moment. The original thread was 'can iems replace full size headphones?' and someone linked to my JH13Pro review. I responded, but mentioned that though they sound lovely, most amps are unable to deliver their potential as they exact a hard toll on amps.

The thread has gone in and out of the original intent, but discusses a little why most amps aren't able to very well drive armatures with balanced armature networks.

Hydrogen Audio thread

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Portable amps also have troubles with balanced armatures with crossover networks - something which is being discussed at HydrogenAudio at the moment. The original thread was 'can iems replace full size headphones?' and someone linked to my JH13Pro review. I responded, but mentioned that though they sound lovely, most amps are unable to deliver their potential as they exact a hard toll on amps.

The thread has gone in and out of the original intent, but discusses a little why most amps aren't able to very well drive armatures with balanced armature networks.

Hydrogen Audio thread

Are you saying that IEMs like the JH13Pro will not benefit at all from portable amping? I know nothing about this, but I have recently bought the P-51 Mustang and am currently daydreaming about the JH13Pro which I've heard goes very well with the Mustang.
Please enlighten me!

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #66 of 68
Dont we have dedicated DAC's for that?

Portable amps are basically meant to be ...Portable
smily_headphones1.gif

Bust seriously those are seriously dro0l worthy!!! and i mean bucket loads of dro0l!!!

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #67 of 68
A circuit simply needs to be designed for low impedance loads. A lot of opamps, etc are not meant to drive low loads, so a circuit has to be intelligently designed in order to support the higher strain on the circuit.

This is why the best amps for IEMs are some of the most expensive...a lot of work has to go into making them work well with 16 ohm loads.

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #68 of 68
Just like better drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back